GiTD [#28] Entries and Discussion page 11

299 posts

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/nadjatee1996/fly-or-die

Just got the basics done, had a crapload of homework to do, but I’ll try to finish everything up a few hours before the deadline for more feedback.
Things that still needs to be added
-preloader
-death
-restart
-stats
-end

Flag Post

@nadjatee try to make the scroll movement of the ground smoother, it seems like it’s lagging because of it, also try to add a couple of extra “enemies” to make it more interesting. Oh don’t forget to change the in-game instructions :P

Flag Post

@RTL

For me, the “Double Kill” sign/announcement isn’t disappearing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

@RTL

Disguised way of saying “I’m better than you all”, eh? :D In that case, I’m having issues with the Quadruple Kill sign. It’s been stuck up there since I first shot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

@RTL

Disguised way of saying “I’m better than you all”, eh? :D In that case, I’m having issues with the Quadruple Kill sign. It’s been stuck up there since I first shot.

I have been bested.
*falls on sword*

Flag Post
Originally posted by MossyStump:

Still needs a lot of work.
Levels are super easy to make though, so I don’t have to worry about a lack of content. Though, I need to update my list of tiles

http://www.fastswf.com/nlsZIqI

I like how your levels are developing!

Flag Post

Gamble Or Die!!! V1.00

Looks like I’m the 1st person to finish making my game and submit it as the final…

The only thing I regret is not making a successful preloader… =_=

Flag Post
Originally posted by SSDRWH0:

The only thing I regret is not making a successful preloader… =_=

Don’t sweat it. I spent a ridiculous amount of time last night setting up my simple preloader. Wasn’t even my first time setting one up. I ran into a very silly problem, did anyone else know that directly referencing your mainGameEngine.as in the same file as your preloader.as pulls all assets onto frame 1 regardless of your settings? because I didn’t.

Well today is the final push guys. I’ll have to leave for work around 3:15 today and won’t get back until 8, which means the contest will end as I leave work haha! I wish you all good luck.

Flag Post

My plan is not going well. At all.

Flag Post

Doubt I’ll get mine finished to a playable state, over new year wasn’t such a good time for me :p

Well this is where I was going with it:

Flag Post

@Halysia That looks really really interesting. Care to explain it a bit? And what do you use to make your pixelly art?

Flag Post

Almost done…

Updates include:
- Survival Mode
- Checkpoints every 5 waves instead of 10
- Adjusted difficulty of some waves & boss
- Updated music and removed optional music
- Added backgrounds and some new text
- Added 3 new achievements and all of the necessary stats, and survival time stats
- Added space key as a way to press OK without using the mouse

Big thanks to Gama for the detailed feedback and suggestions. I hope some people will play to the boss! There is a final boss battle and a victory animation at the end… Uploading soon.

Flag Post

Haven’t done anything since my last post, so this will be the final state of my game: Explode or Die!! :/

Awesome graphics, Halysia! :)

Flag Post

Ok.. so i’ve taken a psychological twist to my game. I also decreased the time it takes for the flashlight battery to fade.. and even though I know it happens I didn’t notice it until the beam as getting really small. I also just got lost in my own game. So if I can get the levels finished in time I should be ready to upload in a while.

Ok.. so i’ve taken a psychological twist to my game. I also decreased the time it takes for the flashlight battery to fade.. and even though I know it happens I didn’t notice it until the beam as getting really small. I also just got lost in my own game. So if I can get the levels finished in time I should be ready to upload in a while.How many hours do we have left?

Flag Post

I think we have 3 1/2 hours left, Nutter… Could be wrong, though.

Flag Post

Here is the final copy of Jump or Die!

I really hope there are no last minute bugs… I just played through and earned all of the achievements in Normal and Survival so I think it should be ok. Please let me know what you think!

Flag Post
Originally posted by alecz127:

@Halysia That looks really really interesting. Care to explain it a bit? And what do you use to make your pixelly art?

You play as a traveller that’s taken shelter in some ruins over night and awake to find you’re under attack. The enemies (currently) launch arrows, stone, and fireballs at your encampment. All that you have in the ruins with you is a broken crafting table and a crafting book.

When the game starts, all that the player sees will be the ruins, book, and a broken table while the projectiles attack and damage the walls of the ruins. (Visually there’s 4 different levels of ‘damage’). Clicking the table will bring up a prompt saying you need certain materials to build it – in this case, 2 arrows and 4 poles. Clicking the recipe book brings up a list of items, and the required materials to build them. For example, from the stone you pick up off the floor, you can create bricks – which you mainly use to repair the ruin walls. You can build additional barricades to help protect you.

I also planned to have hunger/warmth/health/thirst bars which indicate the status of the character you play as (which currently isn’t in) and you had to capture rabbits in snares to feed him. – Weather effects such as rain, if you had a bucket would fill, allowing you to quench your thirst – but put out your campfire, whereas cold days would more quickly drain your health/hunger than normal days. – Basically a survival/crafting game.

And I just use photoshop for the art.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure we have 5 hours left.

Flag Post

Final Submission:

http://www.fastswf.com/tCEA2q0

Flag Post

I think this is correct. Im in central time :/ http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130106T19&p0=64

Flag Post

Same for me as for Halysia: Can’t make it a game quite before the deadline.
So far I got the menu: http://www.fastswf.com/FH6zPlE

Will make fancy buttons and when you press play, you’re a plane and you need to fly to the right. If you collide with circles you bounce off and get damaged I guess.

Flag Post

Countdown for deadline

Originally posted by Narinik:

I think this is correct. Im in central time :/ http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130106T19&p0=64

Correct.

Flag Post

3 more hours! I’m almost done! :)

Flag Post

Still few ours left but I’m too sleepy, so I’ll just leave this here in case I fall asleep. http://www.fastswf.com/BydYZt0

Flag Post

Well sadly I didn’t finish =(. But it was very fun to make what I have so far, so here it is:

(unfinished) Save Kitty or Die Trying

Move: WASE / Arrows
Action: Z X , . SPACE or ENTER

I was only able to get a slime enemy that currently just sits in his spot bobbing up and down. I had planned to have a few more enemies and a little boss type enemy but wasted too much ran out of time. Regardless it was fun and I’m glad I tried this, even if I didn’t finish. I plan to finish this game soon and probably upload it here on kong. Anyways good luck to the rest of the participants!