GiTD [#28] Entries and Discussion page 2

299 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Well GiTD has directly helped to create 140 games, 85 of which got uploaded to Kongregate (some later), with a total of 1,081,328 plays as of 10:25AM.

You should count the amount of play since the first Game of The Week. Would be interesting.

Flag Post

2 hours until the competition starts.

Flag Post

The theme has been chosen!

________ or Die
(where ______ is a single word. This word needs to appear in the game’s title i.e. Run or Die)

EDIT: Because its the blank word, I’m going to say this for the 3rd time in big letters.

The title of your game should be “{word that you chose here} or Die”

Flag Post

Would
"__________ or Die (trying)"
be acceptable, or is the title to be only 3 words?

Flag Post

That is an acceptable title.

Flag Post

Ok then, thanks. Now, time to think of something…

Flag Post

I will laugh if someone makes Survive or Die.

edit: Or something I always joked with “Survive by dying” ;)

Flag Post

I’ve only got seven days before I go away, but I have such a great idea; I’m not going to not try just because I don’t have as much time as everyone else.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrYoshiyahu:

I’ve only got seven days before I go away, but I have such a great idea; I’m not going to not try just because I don’t have as much time as everyone else.

Enticing t-shirt is enticing, eh?

Flag Post

Super awesome, UG!
Best of luck to all you developer-ing types.

Flag Post

Enticing t-shirt is enticing, eh?

Oh yeah, for sure. :P
At the moment I’m looking at doing a survival-raveparty-quicktimeevent-multitasking-runner
EDIT: …that is rhythm-based. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UZZBUZZ:

I will laugh if someone makes Survive or Die.

Funny, my first thought upon seeing the theme was “Die or Die”, a ‘choose your own death adventure’. I don’t think it has merit, though.

Flag Post

Oh yay this GiTD has some good prizes, I guess i’ll be entering :D

Flag Post

Gunna be a struggle to keep going with a new Wii U, a new TV, and a new phone.
Someone motivate me! :S

Flag Post

Make a game or I’ll rip yer bloody arms off!

Anyone who recognises that is amazing.

Flag Post

Code or die.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

Code or die.

I see what you did there

Flag Post

Ok.. I finally got raycasting light working for this contest, something i’ve wanted to do forever, and flash is stuck in an infinite loop and about to lose all my work (thats what i get for not saving often enough), how is everyone else doing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by nutter666:

Ok.. I finally got raycasting light working for this contest, something i’ve wanted to do forever, and flash is stuck in an infinite loop and about to lose all my work (thats what i get for not saving often enough), how is everyone else doing?

Well I’m almost finished all the visual effects for the rave party. And I’ve got my music and all my graphics sorted out. I just have to make the entire game now. :P

Flag Post

http://www.fastswf.com/Hyy-XfA

Ok this isn’t close to being able to be counted as an entry but i’m a little stuck and I thought i’d ask here (plus I get to show off the raycasting light which i’ve now re-made after flash lost it all ¬_¬)

As you can see from the swf, the light beam is working but its very “hard” when light is softer and blurs at the edges. I’ve tried adding a blurFilter to it but it doesn’t seem to work, the shape is still hard and appears unblurred.

I’m wondering if it something to do with masks not being allowed to have filters so i’ve tried putting the torchLight inside a containerMC and using the containerMC as the mask, with the torchLight having the blur but it still doesn’t work.

Any Ideas?

Flag Post

Ask Qwerber. I think he had a thread full of lightcasting stuff.
Not perfect, but looks good enough.

Flag Post

The blur stuff is terrible. I noticed that my own application was doing it wrong: it used a Gaussian blur shader that would, of course, blur everything. However, near the edges where the light ‘collides’ with solid objects, that is a bad thing. That will mean that the light will be a bit faded out right before it collides with the object. :/ So good luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nutter666:

Coding has taught me to instinctively press Ctrl+S every two seconds while typing. To date I’ve saved ~100 webpages in chrome on accident.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:

Coding has taught me to instinctively press Ctrl+S every two seconds while typing. To date I’ve saved ~100 webpages in chrome on accident.

I’m not alone!

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:

I’m not alone!

+1. have a shittton of random websites saved by random ctrl+s.