Adobe Flash Pro cs6

11 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys, I would like to start programming and am trying to download the free trial of adobe flash pro cs6. However, when i starts to install, it says the current product installing is cs6 design and web premium. Is this normal or am i getting the wrong download?

Flag Post

I don’t know if it is normal, but it’s fine if it is downloading that, as Flash Professional CS6 comes with it.

However, if you’re just going to start learning Actionscript 3, I’d recommend FlashDevelop, a free IDE for Windows.

Flag Post

what is the difference between adoba and flashdevelop?

Flag Post

So you could find this forum but not the very first stickied thread right on top of it?

Read it.

Flag Post

Any suggestions for us Mac users?

Flag Post

I think on the FlashDevelop website there are ways to get it for a Mac. Click on the newest version and go to Mac/Linux virtualization.

Flag Post

You need to use a virtual machine.

Flag Post

Virtual machines don’t help because you’d still need a copy of windows to run on the machine. And if I had a copy of windows, I could just install it on my intel-based MBAir and run it natively!

Really disingenuous of the flash develop guys to write “Mac OSX/Linux compatible using virtualization software”!

Flag Post

A copy of XP wouldn’t set you back more than a few dollars, surely.

Flag Post

Looks like about $50… for a 10 year old OS! Kind of crazy to think about considering Mountain Lion was only $20!

I’m thinking I may save flash development for those times when I’ve got my old compasaurus set up and just do Javascript-based facebook apps on my Mac. It’s close enough that if I did ever want to convert it to AS3 it wouldn’t be too touch. I’m not sure how their ad monetization compares but the virtual goods seem pretty similar.

Flag Post

There’s XP for ~$20 on ebay. That surprises me though, I thought they’d be a lot cheaper. Oh well.

If you can find someone selling a secondhand copy, that’d be worth next to nothing.