PGGC #3: Voting

17 posts

Flag Post

How to vote: You have 3 points to spend as you want; you can give all points to a single user, give a single point to three different entrants, etc. (Participants can vote, but not for their own entries).
Also, feedback is always appreciated.

Check the pic to see the deadline.

General Note: Click the SWFs to generate new stuff.

Great job, everyone!

Flag Post

Elyzius, Vesperbot, Elyzius

Flag Post

Elyzius, Vesperbot, ErlendHL

Flag Post

+2 Elyzius
+1 Vesperbot

Flag Post

All entries are so cool, so my vote will be useless as there are only 3 participants.

+1 Elyzius
+1 Vesperbot
+1 ErlendHL

Flag Post

+2 Elyzius
+1 Vesperbot

Flag Post

Elyzius – I’m loving those lens flares, star, and earth. I had a few issues with the lighting being a bit dark, but otherwise amazing.
Vesperbot – I’m finding the texture/shading of your planet to be pretty cool. They make it feel less like a model that is perfect.
ErlendHL – Yay for being able to run over 10 fps. Those could easily be some big gas giants hanging out in a different solar system. (maybe glowing from radioactivity?)

Since the theme was planets, I’m going to give votes as such:

+2 Vesperbot
+1 Elyzius (if theme had been solar system/galaxy instead of planet, yours would have been my top pick)

Flag Post

Found it extremely hard to split the points so I’ll give 3 points to Elyzius.

Flag Post

I reckon I’ll go all 3 to vesper. Because that moon was amazing, as was the Earth-like.

Flag Post

2 for vesperbot and 1 for Elyzius for the same reasons as UG.

Nice work ^^

Flag Post

I give 2 points to Vesperbot and 1 point to ErlendHL. I guess that puts Vesperbot in the lead. ;)

With only 3 entries in this contest and 3 points per voter to distribute among them, the race wound up being pretty close. As far as I’m concerned, the real value of this contest is that participants got an opportunity to learn new ways of doing things that they would otherwise not have learned if they had not pushed themselves. I’m absolutely certain that all three of us — Vesperbot, ErlendHL, and I — leveled up our coding skills in the process. In a sense, we are all winners because we all have acquired new knowledge as our prize.

I thank everyone who participated and voted in this contest. I most especially thank Senekis for coming up with the contest in the first place. It’s been fun and enlightening.

Flag Post

Well, not voting in this context will make me a cheater :) so 2 points to Elyzius and one to ErlendHL. And as far as I can count, you Elyzius now lead by one vote :D

Yes, certainly we all are winners, as we made some progress in coding and actual texture generation, which may (or may not) play for us in the future.

UG, I wonder how can I transfer my set of codes to you for charity, should you need them? :)

Flag Post

Transfer to me for charity? You could always open source them and put them on a GitHub account. (which looks great to employers for computer science positions) Shameless plug to my own github account.

Flag Post

I never got around to voting, so I’ll do it now:

Versperbot 2pts.
Elyzius 1 pt.

Seriously, that’s how I would have voted all along, honest.

Flag Post

Am I a cheater now?!? One vote for Vesperbot and one vote for Elyzius and.. the last votes goes to Obama.

I kinda forgot the project halfway through ._.

Flag Post

Forgot to say voting was over.

It seems there’s a tie between Elyzius and Vesperbot. Congratulations!

Flag Post

Yay! I believe it’s a fair result to tie for first place ;)