Short Term Goals page 2

31 posts

Flag Post

Decided to go Hindsight on my GiTD#28 entry, going to keep the same mechanics, add some shooting and destruction, removing a bunch of particle effects with sprites

Flag Post

I need to add a couple of finishing touches to my GiTD entry, before I release it to the ravenous hordes on Kongregate.

And I’m attempting to code in the basis for a top down boat racing game. So far, things are going pretty well, but I’m trying to see if it “feels” right.

Flag Post

I’m scared. D: I missed the goal for working with artist to get art done because he got married on the 12th. So I’m expecting a good 2 week delay before anything actually will get done with that game. :/ I really hope he was worth it.

Sky Jumper might make it. Really depends on how much work I’m doing.

I’ve been working on a 3rd goal:

• Learn Ruby on Rails

and I’ve picked up a fair amount of basic Ruby as well as setting up static sites through Rails with deployment to Heroku via git. Some pretty cool tech there.

Flag Post

Is learning Ruby different from learning other languages you already know?

Flag Post

It has a few features that I’ve never seen before, namely symbols, blocks, and ranges, and of course syntax but otherwise it isn’t terribly hard.

It seems a lot like someone created a ton of features for programming and then tried to make using these features require the least key strokes as possible. So kinda good and kinda bad.

Flag Post

I am going to do all of these for one month!!
[ ] Not create any more threads about my game
[ ] Keep adding things to my game each week
[ ] Eat lettuce every day
[ ] Not come back to this thread