Keyboards... page 2

33 posts

Flag Post

I use a Logitech keyboard. I’m not quite sure of the model. I want to switch to a Razor Black Widow or Deathstalker.

Flag Post

Those two keyboards aren’t very similar. The Blackwidow is a mechanical keyboard, whereas the Deathstalker is just a regular rubber one. If Skyboy used it, he’d wear it out in less than a year.

Flag Post

Didn’t know the Deathstalker wasn’t a mechanical keyboard. Thanks for pointing that out.

Flag Post

Do you know what type of mechanical switch you want?

Flag Post

Originally posted by SWATLLAMA:

Those two keyboards aren’t very similar. The Blackwidow is a mechanical keyboard, whereas the Deathstalker is just a regular rubber one. If Skyboy used it, he’d wear it out in less than a year.

i feel like the forum yardstick for “extreme use case”

Flag Post
Originally posted by skyboy:

a very durable HP mechanical keyboard that was bundled with my computer when it was bought, 10 years ago. it’s had soda spilled on it many times, and still functions; on top of having about 75 million total keystrokes.

This is probably what did it. 75 million keystrokes over 10 years is a keystroke every second, six hours a day, every single day, for ten years! It sounds like a lot, especially to someone like me who never counted their keystrokes.

The speed generally touted for a professional typist is 120 words per minute. Using 6 characters (subsequent space or punctuation mark included) as the average length of a word, that works out to 12 keystrokes a second. A busy typist, and by that I mean one who spends six out his 8 hour workday typing, working full time, would log 65 million keystrokes in a single year.

So I guess Skyboy’s use (7.5M/y) is not that extreme after all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

So I guess Skyboy’s use (7.5M/y) is not that extreme after all.

Jam Legend will ruin your keyboard

Flag Post
Originally posted by SWATLLAMA:

The keyboard was purple, or it was a PS/2 keyboard?

Both. The casing was semi-translucent too, so you could see the internals. The keys were a nice black, were soft to press, and overall it looked really neat…well except for the fact that many of the key labelings were rubbed off due to excessive use. I got it with a computer back in 2001 and, even though the computer is dead and gone, the keyboard remained.

Originally posted by JohnnyBohnny:

11 years? You should put that thing in a frame and use it as a pillow.

I thought about it, but instead, I shed a few tears for it and then promptly threw it in the trash.