GiTD #29 interest page 3

60 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

Uh, if I’ve read correctly, we’re being forced to keep our GiTDs off Kong right? If this is true can we use something other than FastSWF (like MegaSWF for example)? FastSWF doesn’t seem to work on my browser.

Where in the world did you get that? The idea is to encourage GiTD entrants to upload finished games to Kong. Nobody is being “forced” to keep their “GiTDs off Kong”. I am also very confused as to how you came to the conclusion you came to based on what was said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

Blah blah blah total nonsense blah blah bahl

Where in the world did you get that? The idea is to encourage GiTD entrants to upload finished games to Kong. Nobody is being “forced” to keep their “GiTDs off Kong”. I am also very confused as to how you came to the conclusion you came to based on what was said.

It was a mixture of briefing reading all the posts and not getting any sleep last night.

…and maybe even a pathetic effort to get +1 post count.

Flag Post

Uh, if I’ve read correctly, we’re being forced to keep our GiTDs off Kong right? If this is true can we use something other than FastSWF (like MegaSWF for example)? FastSWF doesn’t seem to work on my browser.

If you are using IE, like me, try pressing F12, then refreshing the page.

edit: Ok, I finally got around to uploading my last GiTD entry onto Kong. I didn’t really change much, apart from fixing errors, the weird BG and making it so you can tell which way you are facing. The way I designed it was such that it didn’t have much of an opportunity to be expanded upon, apart from maybe different levels with different numbers of different sized projectiles. But that’s not much really. Anyway, let’s see how badly it’s received.
edit: bugzzzz. Out of nowhere, they crawl. And I have squished them all.

Flag Post

I’m in, I’ll just make another crappy game using OOP. On a side note, I should probably dedicate more time to coding than the art…oh, and stop procrastinating.

Flag Post

Unless the theme is really great, I don’t think I’ll have enough time for this GiTD :(

Flag Post

Unless the theme is really great, I don’t think I’ll have enough time for this GiTD :(

Same as here. I want to work with my unfinished games.

Flag Post

It’ll all be a matter of how much time I have. But hopefully I’ll be able to make something.

Anyway, I’ve fixed up my GiTD28 entry, and added a few new things. Let’s see if I can get enough plays for the requisite 50 API submissions…Things aren’t looking good :/

I don’t know how to go about choosing a good theme but hopefully UG has some good ideas.

Flag Post

D: Almost forgot. Starts tomorrow.

Flag Post

I just figure, after searching, that it would be safe to actually state the GiTD theme in the 21st. GiTD thread..

Flag Post
Originally posted by 3ndl3ss:

I just figure, after searching, that it would be safe to actually state the GiTD theme in the 21st. GiTD thread..

The theme is in the official contest’s sticky. I’ll rename this thread to prevent any confusion.