Game in one hour

14 posts

Flag Post

Have you ever created a game in one hour? (Not including adding mochi and stuff..) I sometimes do when I am stuck in public transport with my laptop, or just at home, but I never actually upload them or anything.
For me, it’s more of a proof of concept, where I try out new gameplay mechanics or game genres.

The game I uploaded to Kongregate, Laserball , was created in one hour.

Flag Post

I think it’s kind of impossible create a decent game in a hour. I mean, something you rushed to test if x code worked properly should stay a test and never be submit as a game…

Flag Post

Me, Feffers and Syurba once did a Game in one hour competetion, it’s intense stuff.

Flag Post

Game in 0 hours

Flag Post

We had a GI1H comp in GDR one day a while back. I made the winner.

Flag Post

The game in 0h is pretty cool, I might actually do that this year..

@truefire, the cow looks like a unicorn when you time a screenshot right.

Flag Post

I do this all the time !

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

Me, Feffers and Syurba once did a Game in one hour competetion, it’s intense stuff.

Feffers, Syurba and I*

Flag Post
Originally posted by ErlendHL:
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

Feffers, Syurba and I*

Feffers, Syurba, and I*

Flag Post

I’m not sure, but now I need to know what’s right!

Flag Post

Both are correct, the last comma is optional and can be removed if the meaning remains clear. For instance, the sentence: “My parents, Rodney, and Elma went to a picnic.” would become ambiguous if one removed the last comma. In your case, I think GB15 was just being facetious.

Note: I’m not a native English speaker, this is just the way I was taught the rule.

Flag Post

One hour isn’t really enough to even think through a concept properly. All you can do in that time really is reskin a game you already have, so you’re unlikely to get anything even a bit original.

Flag Post

I believe it counts as already planned, but there is nothing put on file, no music, no art, nothing done but the work done in your mind

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobJanova:

One hour isn’t really enough to even think through a concept properly.

^ I agree.

Ace_Blue, I learned you’re supposed to put a comma before the “and.” I think the no comma way is old-fashioned.