making metroid fan game

19 posts

Flag Post

hi im starting to make game with my friend but this is our first so we need help with it.
game is based on metroid if you have tips for it please post it.
we need someone who is good in scripting and could teach us.
we have already started making story and other plans still we need someone who can make music for game and help us with sprites.
if someone could tell us what is best program to make it.
and if you want just give us ideas for game post them we will look them and talk about them.
nothing more to say tell us if your interrested want help us tell if we have forgotten something or just want tell us someting like tips and ideas post them.

Flag Post

Most likely nobody will be willing to spend a great deal of his/her time to teach you how to code. You should instead find one of the many good online tutorials and follow that.

Flag Post

i have done some serach and looked tutorials plus my friend is teaching to me basics but i thinked if someone knowed some good places to learn but i have already better at this than pair weeks ago.

Flag Post

http://gamedev.michaeljameswilliams.com/2008/09/17/avoider-game-tutorial-1/

Flag Post

Check the ‘How to make Flash games’ thread.

Flag Post

thanks i have done some progres at this project and those tutorials helped a lot

Flag Post

wanna join to project post it or go to my profile and tell about your skills.
remember this is amateur project so no special skills needed.

Flag Post

an awsome game idea take N+2.
Can YOU draw assets?

Flag Post

damm my computer crashed and most of my work disappered by that so all i have left were sprites and engine.

Flag Post

i need someone who can make actual game because im not skilled at making it i make story,sprites,backgrounds and other things like that and my friend is sprite maker too and can make music but not great kind of it.
so if you want in to project we take you what ever is your skills (because them are better than mine skills)

Flag Post

If you are having trouble making the game it means you bit off more than you can chew. Game development is hard work, and it’s doubtful that a programmer will just jump in and do all the programming for you. I would advice that you instead start with the tutorials and learn how to program with a different game of smaller scope first.

Flag Post

If you don’t do artwork, sound design or programming, why would anyone want to collab with you?

Flag Post

well i have programmed some parts of game but some of them are too much for me but i keep trying and making it better.

Flag Post

about artwork i have done some of it and my friend do everything about sounds and music. programming is made by me my friend and my other friend who is best programmer i know but he will do only some parts and dont want to be in this project after that.

Flag Post

Sounds better, have you checked the collaboration forum yet?

Flag Post

i have looked them and in that point when i start be better in programming i get more peoples to help but training first.
and i have started little training game because i want that metroid as be good as possiple so i test things in that game first if them work i put them to metroid game or improve them before it.

Flag Post

Are you using Stencyl or Flash?

Flag Post

flash at this game but if i cant do it with that i change it to stencyl but im getting better at using flash thanks to tutorials.

Flag Post

if nothing else i will do some games with stencyl because i have used it before.
i have developted part of story to paper its nothing special but i like it.