html5 scrollbar issue

3 posts

Flag Post

A few days ago I attempted to upload my html5 javascript game. I set an iframe to a width of: 800 and height 500 to match my game size. I hosted it on dropbox and all was fine, during the upload process, when I previewed my game it had decreased the size of the game and added unnecessary scrollbars to it. For the past half-hour or so I have tried editing all the different width and height values, but the problem still persists. I have also noticed that other html5 games such as “Z-Type” do not have scrollbars, so I believe that there must be someway to fix this error. I may also be important to note that when changing the height and width values from the kongregate editor, the result was very unpredictable. It seemed as if it was sized correctly as the outline of the correct dimensions quickly flashed on the screen, but then disappeared and was replaced with a scrollbar version.

Flag Post

Also I tried emailing help and support, but was recommended to post my problem on the forum. A link to the game can be found here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/JackBid/super-amazing-shape-adventure

Flag Post

You can set an overflow:hidden; attribute to the iFrame with CSS, and that should hide all nasty unwanted scrollbars. If not, you could have a wrapper div one level inside the iFrame and set overflow:hidden; to that instead.