Kongregate's exclusivity bonus

11 posts

Flag Post

I know the terms to receive the exclusivity bonus are that the game is only hosted here and on my personal website. So today, I figured I’d google my game just for the sake of curiosity, and apparently, it’s all over on a bunch of various sites now. This means, even though I didn’t distribute it myself (it was likely bot-harvested) I have to uncheck the exclusivity box, doesn’t it? :(

Flag Post

To be fair, I don’t think anyone would get the bonus if that was the case.

Nice game BTW, I did manage a few minutes when you first posted it :)

Flag Post

You are eligible still. (as Aaants said. Just adding another person who says yes)

Flag Post

Aah okay, good. I had a feeling that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure. The sites in question are all pretty seedy anyway, typically with no section for user comments, only a few hundred plays (or less), improper swf dimensions, and (the only one that really bugs me) site-specific preloader overlays that display ads over my preloader ads. (The ads are only suppressed if it’s played on Kong—ha, take that thieves!) They all seem to have the old and crappy initial-release version anyway.

Flag Post

Kong is really lenient with that bonus. If you brand your game with a linked Kongregate logo on the loading screen or main menu and upload it to every site you can find in the world, it’s still okay to check that box (according to Greg or Jim Greer, I forget which).

Flag Post

I don’t suppose any of you have a link handy for the official wording, do you? There doesn’t seem to be any mention of being able to add the branding to maintain the 50% anywhere on this site. I want to be absolutely certain before I brand and distribute it to the various legit portals out there.

Flag Post

Sure, right here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/120287#posts-2620226

Flag Post

Wonderful, thanks! :D

Flag Post

Bumping this because I don’t feel like starting a new topic over it, but…is my game suddenly not showing the start buttons after the preloader finishes for anyone else? O.o;

Edit: Link for the lazy: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Aesica/eisydian-saga

Flag Post

Yes, the start buttons are not showing up for me. I also noticed that the game seemed to take an unusually long time to load. In contrast, I was able to load Kingdom Rush and Bloons TD 5 fairly fast. What happened?

Flag Post

I’m not sure, I haven’t changed anything since the last posted update. If you rightclick, it says “Movie not loaded” which leads me to believe something on kong fucked up. I hope uploading it again fixes it.

Edit: Nevermind, it magically fixed itself. Must’ve been a Kong hiccup after all, despite the fact that it threw me into a panic.