Google Code Jam 2013

53 posts

Flag Post

http://code.google.com/codejam

Flag Post

That looks so much easier than doing a game jam.

Flag Post

Ah, I think game jam is more my thing in this case xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danishdragon:

Ah, I think game jam is more my thing in this case xD

Same here, haha.

Flag Post

I would really recommenced doing this if you’re interested in studying something like Computer Scence in college. If you’re thinking more towards the artsy side of things then it’s probably not so much appropriate, but still a good learning experience.

Flag Post

I would have attempted if my province was not listed on the black list…
Gotta love Quebec’s reglementation…

Flag Post
Originally posted by CuriousGaming:

That looks so much easier than doing a game jam.

[…] looks so much easier than […] game jam.

[…] looks […] easier than […] game jam.

[…] looks […] easier […] game […]

[…] looks […]

Haha. It looks is the key word. It got pretty complicated on whatever round I dropped out of last year. D:

Flag Post

But still a good thing to try anyways!

Do they publically give the questions, or do you need to e in the comp to get them? I’d like to try even though I’m not legally allowed to enter

Flag Post

You have to register. Then you can submit your solutions and they’ll grade them. Are you not legally allowed to enter or not legally allowed to win? And because age or location or something else like you work/intern for them?

Flag Post

I’m not legally allowed to enter, even less win, and because in my province (Quebec) contests are illegal if they do not specifically register with the special ministry here, and no contest can pass if they have any chance, no matter how small of closing down the contest without having a winner, for any reason.

Flag Post

Well hopefully someone will post the questions (I think a few people did last year) publicly, so you can check them out. If I’m doing it, perhaps PM me.

Flag Post

Alright, thanks! It’s just to try my hand anyways lol.

Flag Post

all problems are posted publicly.. see their archives: https://code.google.com/codejam/contests.html

Flag Post
Originally posted by jonathanasdf:

all problems are posted publicly.. see their archives: https://code.google.com/codejam/contests.html

I’ll just go and retire now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

I’ll just go and retire now.

First quote
~~~~~
I hope your pension treats you well friend

Flag Post

I’m going to enter just for experience and entertainment, not sure how far I’ll go though…
I don’t really like how the rounds are so far away from each other.

Flag Post

The sample qualification round problems seem easy enough that everyone should be able to at least have a chance of solving them. I wrote quite naive solutions in ruby and it handled even the large inputs quickly with no problems. (Bad algorithms + slow language shouldn’t equal success normally :D )

Flag Post

I signed up, let’s see if I get time to actually code those days – could be interesting ;)

Flag Post

Qualification round just started.

Flag Post

I qualified. Anyone else?

Flag Post

only completed the first problem then I went to bed, haven’t started on the others yet… so 30 pts I think so far

Flag Post

I think I got the small and the large for the first two, and the small and the first large for the third problem. Didn’t try the treasure one yet, but might do it if I have time today.

Flag Post

…Damnit. I was fairly busy yesterday, finished the first one, then accidentally fell asleep and woke up 12 hours later, at the end of the contest. >.> The questions weren’t even that hard. I’m really mad at myself right now.

Flag Post

“accidentally fell asleep and woke up 12 hours later”

Flag Post

“accidentally fell asleep and woke up 12 hours later”

I’m going to use that one next time I miss a deadline at work.