GiTD [#31] Winners Announced! page 2

42 posts

Flag Post

nope, just the ship (and bullets) and the droplets (and all the sfx) were created by me. Everything else was open sourced. (pending I do not sell)

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

I couldn’t help but notice there were only three entries… was that because of the theme? (I know that is the reason I didnt enter anything)

Not a lot of people seemed to like the theme, but I did. :( The only thing that kept me from entering is my track record of being a very slow and overly thorough developer. 10 days is hard. D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

I couldn’t help but notice there were only three entries… was that because of the theme? (I know that is the reason I didnt enter anything)

Not a lot of people seemed to like the theme, but I did. :( The only thing that kept me from entering is my track record of being a very slow and overly thorough developer. 10 days is hard. D:

Element-based-RPG-with-8-hour-campaign in Ten Days.

I don’t know what the problem was though, things just seem to fluctuate up and down. January’s was crazy, Feb had 4, March had 5/6 and this month we only got 3 :/ Come to think of it, that’s actually a fairly constant low…oh well. Time to work on pretty elemental explosion graphics.

Flag Post

I liked the theme as well, unfortunately I’m still obsessing about Al Zimmermann’s contest and did not produce anything for this one.

As for my votes (now that I’m here)

1st place: feartehstickman: Wizard Element Defence
2nd place: 3ndl3ss: Douse

Edit: \/ It lasts until the 20th of this month. And you know you don’t have to to win those in a contest, you can buy them directly from the bathsheba site, right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

I liked the theme as well, unfortunately I’m still obsessing about Al Zimmermann’s contest and did not produce anything for this one.

The same contest is still on. Damn, I couldn’t figure it out. I’ll have to wait for the next, because I really want one of these.
Edit:
^Ok then, another week and a bit it is. But buying’s just not the same as winning. There’s no bragging rights.

\/ Don’t ever post again (Or post exactly 12000 more times).

Flag Post

1st – feartehstickman: Wizard Element Defence
2nd – saybox: SayBox’s Super Duper GiTD Entry

Edit @ above: 12k it is.

Flag Post

@ mossystump.

My votes are actually absolute. I know which game belongs to who.

Flag Post

Voting is now closed! No votes were submitted after the “actual” deadline, so that’s good I suppose. It would have been my fault anyway if someone had, I worked tonight during the contests closure

Flag Post

Congrats to Feartehstickman with Wizard Element Defense for winning this GiTD!
Saybox picked up second place, with SayBox’s Super Duper GiTD Entry , but congratulations to all competitors!

Flag Post

Kongrats everyone!

Flag Post

Huzzah, I did finally win one. Sad that it had to be with only two other entries.

Oh well. Hopefully there’ll be more entries next time.

Flag Post

Hate to say it, but I’m actually kind of dissapointed that saybox didn’t win, no offence. I’m sure you did work hard on your project, fearteh, but I genuinely found saybox’s game more enjoyable and the graphics and music were really good.

Flag Post

Feartehstickman, you should really make it click to shoot since you aim with the mouse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Feffers:

Hate to say it, but I’m actually kind of dissapointed that saybox didn’t win, no offence. I’m sure you did work hard on your project, fearteh, but I genuinely found saybox’s game more enjoyable and the graphics and music were really good.

Saybox covered that in the other thread:

Originally posted by saybox:
Wait, so I could have started making a game that had to do with elements, but then decided to change it gradually every update until it had almost nothing to do with elements at all?

It depends on your goal, really. If you want people to vote for you and to win the contest, then no, don’t do that. As you can see, people won’t vote for a game they don’t think fits the theme, regardless of how you got from the theme to the finished game.

On the other hand, if you’re more like me, and the game itself is a more important goal than the contest voting, then sure, nobody is stopping you.

Don’t cry for him Feffers, he chose to ignore the theme and knew the consequences.

Congratulations feartehstickam!

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

Feartehstickman, you should really make it click to shoot since you aim with the mouse.

It is right click to shoot (or hold right mouse to shoot) if you have a high enough version of Flash Player (11.2+)

Flag Post

Congrats Stickman! Are you gonna keep working on the game?

Flag Post

Yes, slowly. I fixed the most evident bugs, and am working to integrate the lightning effects from this great tutorial into my game. Which made me wonder why Flash doesn’t have something like SpriteBatch, and attempt something similar with BitmapData.draw (ended badly).
My game systems are pretty much all in order (pending some optimisation), so I just need to do all the graphics, all the UI and all the effects. Then all the levels, and finally, the game balancing :/
If anyone is good at drawing fire or explosions and wants something to do…