Free game engines

3 posts

Flag Post

I know that I`ve puted a similar question a long time ago but I want to ask again:)
Do you know any free programs like Stencyl in which you don`t need professional experience to create a game?

Flag Post

Just from personal experience and you might have gotten alot of responses like this before and might be tired of it but here it goes. I would say the best games are built from scratch by raw programming and not just drag and drop engines. See the thing is if you are really ambitious about a project then you will constantly want to improve it. For example my game that Im working on I wanted to just make a simple side scrolling shooter but as the project went on I decided to add a multiplayer portion of the game. My point is that if you really want to make a game do it by programming and not drag and drop environments. If I had went into a drag and drop program then I wouldnt be able to have all the features I have in my game now and multiplayer would be near to impossible.

Flag Post

rpgmaker, its a great tool and some ‘well known’ games have been made using it (to the moon, yume nikki, Ib etc)