Small games required

15 posts

Flag Post

Hi, I need some small games related to office supplies… Not more requisites than that.
What would you suggest:
a) Doing a “mini-contest” with a $X prize (and very small payouts to all games used, even if they do not win)
b) Splitting $X into all games used

Additionally, what would be a good value for X (i.e. how much for that game!!!).

Flag Post

My suggestion is to determine your budget first and then divide it evenly. Keep in mind people that make flash games are 1) likely to have a full time job and 2) do not get properly compensated for time spent quite often. I mean to say, you will probably not be able to pay them what the games are worth, but let’s assume you get game submissions anyway. Say you have $100, and decide to buy 5 games at $20 each. Let people send you submissions and then you can pick your favorite 5 if there are more than 5.

Flag Post

Well, just to be helpful, I’m gonna say the number quoted by miahmiah is way too low for most developers. I wouldn’t even think of licensing a game for 20 bucks. Also, I wouldn’t enter any contest; however, I would produce a mini-game for you if you could pay me for it. Something like that (from me) would probably go for as little as a few hundred dollars.

Flag Post

$20 O.o

You could probably license mrcreds rockettack for that much :)

Flag Post

Lyotrad. Email me woadraiders@hotmail.com . I’m not passing up easy money because of high developer standards.

Flag Post

You get what you pay for :)

Flag Post

I, personally, would love to develop a game for $20. However, that’s because I’m learning flash and want to try a project. I’m thinking about something that you win by clicking on a paperclip 100 times…
Just wondering, does the average developer that posts their game here make a full $20 off of advertising? Lets say it’s a pretty average 3.5 or 4 star game.

Flag Post

i doubt the traffifc is up there enough to make big bucks from advertising

i said $100 as an easy number to start with, and assuming he would be underpaying the developers by a lot anyway ;)

Flag Post

I’ve made 17 cents! Woohoo! :D

Flag Post

It seems to me, then, that $20 wouldn’t be too bad for a small minigame, when compared with much less for a game that takes alot longer to make.

Flag Post

… when compared with much less for a game that takes alot longer to make.

Are you basing this assumption on any practical experience? The way people make money from games is by selling either a sponsorship or individual licenses or both. Ad revenue share on Kongregate isn’t designed to be the biggest income source (but it has potential). You seem to think that people are doomed to making less than 20 bucks if they produce anything other than a mini-game? What you said… just doesn’t make sense.

I bet Axcho could have sponsored his game for a lot more than 17 cents. I don’t know how much, but it would be more than $20 also.

$20 wouldn’t be too bad for a small minigame

And, you get what you pay for ;)

Flag Post

Oh, I see. I thought that ad revenue was the only way to make money from the games.

Flag Post

Oh, I see. I thought that ad revenue was the only way to make money from the games.

Heh, nope. I’m a full time Flash game developer and make a decent living building them. Ad revenue is usually a side bonus for most games.

Flag Post

Interesting. arcaneCoder, and other veterans out here, would you be able to share what are the other forms of income through flash games? First of all, I’d like to get an idea of how much one gets from Sponsorship. Also, how many websites do you normally try to distribute the game to. Finally, do you also use Mocha? Basically, say I make one kick-ass game; what would be the best strategy, in your respective opinions, for deployment such that I maximize the revenue.

Salman

Flag Post

little insight Desktop Tower of Money: 3 tips to profit from casual games