Check out my newest game "Reach the toilet"

13 posts

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Blobzone/reach-the-toilet

Tell me what you think!

Flag Post

How much of it did you actually code? (no sarcasm here, actually wanna know)

It’s simple, playable, but it’s stencil.

Flag Post

Okay, so you want to know what I think?

I completed it, hoping that it would at at least have something interesting about it, but yeah no. So, let em put it simply, childish and rather unamusing, the control are slippery as hell, and the aesthetics are simply horrendous. Now that said, you could have went for a different thme that will not move pretty much all players away, or done something interesting as said (( At least these guys did something worth the watch; http://www.kongregate.com/games/Rete/dont-shit-your-pants))

Flag Post
Originally posted by jerimo:

At least these guys did something worth the watch; http://www.kongregate.com/games/Rete/dont-shit-your-pants))

I can’t believe that has a badge. :o

Flag Post

Well it was an interesting “game” to toy around with, an interesting concept, that could be applied to a larger concept, a much broader puzzle game. In its essence that game is foollish to the core, but it is an interesting mechanic nonetheless, and kong sometimes rewards interesting gameplay even if the theme is a lil strange

Flag Post

It’s a very old mechanic, actually.

Flag Post

I never said it wasn’t, only that it was interesting and well executed for what it was

Flag Post

No, no coding at all. I mean it´s stencyl, but whatever thats not the point anyways. Graphics are all made by myself.

Well, i don´t get why people always get so serious. The game is what it is, to me. I don´t think its pretty good, but maybe a bit fun.

You know what makes me a bit angry, i have seen so many games that are simply tutorials copied 1:1 from flash/flixel/stencyl and other tools here, that get way more clicks.

I dont expect something like 10.000 clicks, but a mere 1000 would be nice just for the amount of time i put into this game, compared to many others.

I know that many people coming to Kongregate only wanna play the best of the best and that is ok for me, this game was made to amuse the player maybe for a minute max. And that was my point. Btw the controls are supposed to be slippery in some levels ;)

Still thanks for your feedback, guys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BrunoCh:

How much of it did you actually code? (no sarcasm here, actually wanna know)

It’s simple, playable, but it’s stencil.

Stencyl is advertised as a game-programming application without having to use code in your games. You can code if you like, or you don’t have to. The game works either way. (The game works better if it includes code.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by jerimo:

I never said it wasn’t, only that it was interesting and well executed for what it was

Fair enough. I’ll admit, the first thing I did was make the guy crap his pants, and it brought a smile to my face. I guess that could be considered successful design. I just can’t help but wonder why the guy lacks a…you know.

Flag Post

I would presume it is to keep it pg?

Flag Post

And that is why i tagged it philosophical…..

No, lol. Wow, don´t shit your pants is really fun game. Nice link^^

I think toilet humor is the kind of humor where u are either “childish” enough to like it , or not…..

Flag Post

Yes, it is the childish zone, but some designs based on it can work with anyone or just about, such as DSYP, due to the way they deal with the humour behind it, there is no shit joke unless you let it happen