GiTD #35 Ten Seconds page 3

82 posts

Flag Post

First post, first game jam and first game ever for me!
I’m quite happy how it ended up, there are still lots of stuff i will do for my GiTD entry, like upgrades, a jetpack and more effects, but here is my definitive Ludum Dare version: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=25597
Have fun!
I’m going to take some sleep now.. It’s 2 A.M here…

 
Flag Post

Like most people, still plenty to do for the GiTD entry, but the final Ludum dare version can be found here:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=18537

 
Flag Post

 
Flag Post

It could be an issue with the site’s current traffic (or just my computer) but your links aren’t taking me to specific games, just the all entrants page.

Here’s my 48 hour game. Not 100% sure I’ll be able to put much into making it any better by the end of the week though.

Well done if you completed something

 
Flag Post

This was my first LudumDare entry, and I guess I’ll be polishing it up for giTD.

You can find what I have here : http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=24814

 
Flag Post

Yes, not sure why but the links aren’t working…
Here’s a direct link to the game (give it some time to load).

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Aaants:

It could be an issue with the site’s current traffic (or just my computer) but your links aren’t taking me to specific games, just the all entrants page.

Here’s my 48 hour game. Not 100% sure I’ll be able to put much into making it any better by the end of the week though.

Well done if you completed something

Actually, it’s a problem with kongregate. For some reason, it’ changed the &’s to & a m p ; in all our links.
However, I may of found a quick fix: Just remove action=preview when you post your link, like so:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?uid=18537

 
Flag Post

Hmm that quick fix isn’t working. I have just been copy pasting and erasing the a m p ;

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=25641

 
Flag Post

I will not be able to do Game in Ten Days, because I have to work on my other game at the moment. However I did do Ludum Dare, so if anyone is interested here is my entry. http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=27278
I think it turned out pretty well and I am planning on making it into an actual game after I finish my current game.

 
Flag Post

Update
I’m not seeing any people update since LD end, what happens? Anyways I like the Ludum Dare games, good work ^^

 
Flag Post

Ok, it’s nowhere near ready yet and is currently annoying as hell, but here’s what I’ve managed to do so far. http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1377715933

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BadEgg:

Ok, it’s nowhere near ready yet and is currently annoying as hell, but here’s what I’ve managed to do so far. http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1377715933

Waxed tile for floor and Velcro for walls. I’m pretty sure I’d starve before I got past the first level.

It’ll be good when it’s fixed though.

 
Flag Post

Update
I’ve added two new minigames. (I’m aware of the bugs of the triangle one). Also, now the maze doesn’t kill you if you touch the walls, making it a lot less frustrating.

 
Flag Post

@SumGato: “rotating backwards” should be “rotating counter-clockwise”.

Also, it would be nice if we could see the elapsed time during the mini-games.

 
Flag Post

Never got to finish this but I hope you all enjoy regardless:

Hungry Dream

edit: Also darkscanner co-created this so mossy make sure you say it was by darkscanner and dannydaninja

 
Flag Post

One more minigame

Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

Never got to finish this but I hope you all enjoy regardless:

Hungry Dream

edit: Also darkscanner co-created this so mossy make sure you say it was by darkscanner and dannydaninja

Nice, but a bit slow. I would have liked to see it complete.

Originally posted by dragon_of_celts:

@SumGato: “rotating backwards” should be “rotating counter-clockwise”.

Also, it would be nice if we could see the elapsed time during the mini-games.

Thanks.

And I don’t plan showing the time, since the point is that you don’t know when it’s going to end.

 
Flag Post

Time is winding down, best of luck everyone!

 
Flag Post

Here is an update:
Frictionless Fury
I have been spending most of my time recoding it’s structure since my LD entry because it was a mess. You now have 3 lives so the game doesn’t just end when you hit a wall(but running out of time will still end the game). If you win, you will see the time that you had left to spare. You can now use space bar to navigate the menus instead of just clicking. I also swapped the last 2 levels since level 3 was harder than 4.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by elementz123:

Here is an update:
Frictionless Fury
I have been spending most of my time recoding it’s structure since my LD entry because it was a mess. You now have 3 lives so the game doesn’t just end when you hit a wall(but running out of time will still end the game). If you win, you will see the time that you had left to spare. You can now use space bar to navigate the menus instead of just clicking. I also swapped the last 2 levels since level 3 was harder than 4.

Stops whenever you lose a life or finish a level. It should do something with a null pointer in enterframe. FP11.5.

 
Flag Post

Uploaded to Kong

Originally posted by elementz123:

Here is an update:
Frictionless Fury
I have been spending most of my time recoding it’s structure since my LD entry because it was a mess. You now have 3 lives so the game doesn’t just end when you hit a wall(but running out of time will still end the game). If you win, you will see the time that you had left to spare. You can now use space bar to navigate the menus instead of just clicking. I also swapped the last 2 levels since level 3 was harder than 4.

It’s a good game, and very frustrating. I haven’t completed it yet, it’s hard. And I’m not experiencing the bugs that vesperbot describes. (FP 11.8)

 
Flag Post

vesperbot: Yes, that is intentional. You have to hit space again to run the enterframe again. I will probably make a popup reminder every time you have to do this.

SumGato: Thanks! I think I will make more easier levels. I played your game on kong. It starts out fine, but on the level where you collect the coins, there was one coin I couldn’t pick up, so I couldn’t continue.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by elementz123:

vesperbot: Yes, that is intentional. You have to hit space again to run the enterframe again. I will probably make a popup reminder every time you have to do this.

SumGato: Thanks! I think I will make more easier levels. I played your game on kong. It starts out fine, but on the level where you collect the coins, there was one coin I couldn’t pick up, so I couldn’t continue.

Weird… You should be able to pick up every coin.

 
Flag Post

Here’s mine:
http://www.fastswf.com/dj3iKEk
I wanted to do a LOT more with the concept (and might in the future), but it is what it is I guess.
Also, we have some really cool games this time around, good job everyone!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SumGato:
Originally posted by elementz123:

SumGato: Thanks! I think I will make more easier levels. I played your game on kong. It starts out fine, but on the level where you collect the coins, there was one coin I couldn’t pick up, so I couldn’t continue.

Weird… You should be able to pick up every coin.

I tried again and it worked fine. Not sure why it didn’t work first time I tried…

Originally posted by Moocowsgomoo:

Here’s mine:
http://www.fastswf.com/dj3iKEk
I wanted to do a LOT more with the concept (and might in the future), but it is what it is I guess.
Also, we have some really cool games this time around, good job everyone!

Awesome game idea!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by elementz123:

vesperbot: Yes, that is intentional. You have to hit space again to run the enterframe again. I will probably make a popup reminder every time you have to do this.

Weird, but it didn’t come to me to press Space again. :( Sorry. Hard, very hard, but inertia+maze concept rulez!