FlashDevelop Debug Suddenly Running Slow

5 posts

Flag Post

I have been using FlashDevelop to work with Stage3D for over a month now without problems. I have been compiling with the debug the entire time while maintaining a 60 fps, until yesterday I was toying around with matrices and my project started to lag. Slowly running at around 5 fps then climbing its way up to about 30 – 50 fps. Normally I would assume it was a fault of my own, however my project runs fine in the release player and I tried compiling other projects with the debugger resulting in the same issue. Is there any particular reason that my debug compiler suddenly is running slow?

 
Flag Post

Do you have tons of trace statements? They slow stuff down and get removed in release mode.

 
Flag Post

I had a single trace that was called once for testing purposes but I commented it out when the issue arose, do you think I should try reinstalling FlashDevelop?

 
Flag Post

Was unable to remedy the problem so for now I guess I will just compile using the release player seeing as the only errors I am getting are range errors flash will just crash and produce an error message locating the faulty buffer

 
Flag Post

Sometimes I have this problem too. I built a ‘system profiler’ class which runs at the very beginning of my games, and I can tell right away if the debugger is lagging. Still no idea what is causing it. Sometimes it is there other times it goes away, but it definitely feels like a problem with FD because it doesnt matter what project I happen to be running, new ‘clean slate / template’ projects or old projects, or even whether or not I am running the profiler ~ the lag is instantaneous.