Flash vs. HTML

8 posts

Flag Post

http://flashvhtml.com/

Very nicely built site, has a good comparison of the technologies. Mostly showing it off because it looks nice.

Ironically, my scroll wheel doesn’t work for it.

Flag Post

It seems though HTML5 is good for mobile devices, but Flash is still top dog on PC.

Flag Post

I havn’t even played any iOS games runnning on the browser yet.

Flag Post

Just a question – did everyone forget pc gaming? 5:2 html:flash ratio is strange, since html version of game is barely playable on pc. Are everyone into mobile devices now?

Flag Post
Originally posted by a3lex33:

Just a question – did everyone forget pc gaming? 5:2 html:flash ratio is strange, since html version of game is barely playable on pc. Are everyone into mobile devices now?

No one forgot about PC gaming. The thing is that HTML5 is pushing for more devices, Mobile and PC. There is almost no support for Flash on mobile devices, because they discontinued the player for mobiles. This makes it so you could almost literally play a game anywhere.

Flag Post

Air can basically play flash files as apps. Additionally,

Originally posted by qwerberberber:

I havn’t even played any iOS games runnning on the browser yet.

Flag Post

What?! They can’t make reasonable statements like that. They need to blindly side with one, ignore its faults, and repeatedly bash the other as much as possible.

Well, it seems that Flash is better on PC and I guess I could use Air if I really wanted to make a mobile game (which I don’t really because I’m not really an Apple/Google fan).

Flag Post

I kind of consider the comparison worthless (Just a pull to get their “we love everything” message out). The only thing they even compared was penetration…