GiTD #36 Has begun, the theme is Backwards!

32 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme: Backwards
Contest Starts: 10.24.13 5PM EDT/2PM PST
Contest Ends: 11.3.13 5PM EDT/2PM PST

Contest voting procedure: As voted on in the previous thread, voting will work as followed:

Past and present participants to the GitD may vote without being questioned, but all others may have their votes rejected by the GitD organizer and/or past and present GitD participants if those votes are deemed unfit.

What that means for you, the ones entering the contest:
You will have free reign to enter and vote if you’ve previously entered a contest. However, all newcomers may be scrutinized and have their vote thrown out if it is deemed unfit by other contest participants, and those who have competed prior. Besides that, voting works normally. YOu choose a first place to receive two votes, and a second to receive one vote. You must vote for two entries, and you may not vote for yourself or use alts to vote.

The second place voting rule, was that every person who submits a vote must submit feedback on those votes for them to count. Now, that option didn’t win, but I would personally like to see more people giving detailed feedback on entries. Now, I know it’s not that easy, life happens, you may not have time. I just wanted to throw that out there.

The rest of the contest will proceed normally, if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me or post in this thread.

Flag Post

Damn, I’m busy then. You should’ve had one at the start of this month.

Anyway, to kick of the theme discussion:
backwards.

Flag Post

Oh we’re looking for themes again. Do you keep a database of all the suggestions from one GiTD to the next?

I like “Backwards”, and for my contributions:

Synchronized motion.
In rhyme.
Burning.

Flag Post

How about graphic less game? I got an idea or two.

My theme suggestion.
DUMB (Yes, that’s the topic.)

Flag Post

‘Backwards’ sounds nice.

Flag Post

Everyone should do a bit of word-spreading to their programming buddies, GiTD has been off for awhile… Let’s bring it back!

Flag Post

If only I had friends…

Flag Post

I can’t entirely say if I’d be interested this time around. I’ll have to see what ideas develop when the theme is out. I do have something a bit exciting going on but I need to see what’s going to come of it before I say much.

Flag Post

Was looking forward to waking up to a theme today, see if I could get something done on my day off work. :(

Flag Post

GiTD #36’s theme is Backwards

Contest end time has been adjusted.

Flag Post

Well. Now I have to try and think of something to do with that theme which I wasn’t entirely serious when I suggested.

Backwards, backwards, backwards…

Flag Post

Drawkcab, Drawkcab, Drawkcab…

Flag Post

Shweet!

Flag Post

I can’t enter ‘properly’ this time but here’s my 0h game jam game:

Weave

It’s a backwards Super Hexagon, sort of…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aaants:

I can’t enter ‘properly’ this time but here’s my 0h game jam game:

Weave

It’s a backwards Super Hexagon, sort of…

Cool game :) didn’t make it past 7, tho, but if people would play it for more than 1h combined, perfect.

Flag Post

I’m not sure if I will participate this time, but I already have an idea in mind, and if I have time I’ll try to develop it. Good luck everyone!

Edit: First version

Flag Post

http://www.fastswf.com/qsLN8vE
Spent a few hours today designing and animating some uhh… “unique” enemies; hopefully I’ll have enough time in the week to actually code my game :P

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Well, it’s pretty late to get started, but I’ve got my Mountain Dew, my shrimp, and a giant pot of coffee.

It’s gonna be a long night =D

Flag Post

Finally, I have some free time. But I’m still lacking an idea… :/

Flag Post

Here’s what I’ve done

It’s extremely boring right now due to the lack of features, I didn’t have enough time during this week because of school and so. I’ll try to add some minigames and stuff today.

BTW, one day and half to finish the contest and virtually no games posted? Now it’s when someone that was too busy to post any previews here posts their super-awesome game that pwns everything, right?

Flag Post

The contest will end tomorrow at: 11.3.13 5PM EDT/2PM PST

Flag Post

Damn…just couldn’t find the time had a great idea and everything ><

Flag Post

My entry
I rushed it a bit at the end and left many things unbalanced and unfinished, but well.