Is Kongai still being developed?

8 posts

Flag Post

Haven’t seen anything new in years. Are they still developing it?

Flag Post

Last I heard they stopped around 2 years ago.

Flag Post

They’re apparently doing something else know, if the Kongpanions is anything to go by.

Flag Post

I have dozens of Kongai cards awarded from various challenges, and yet I’ve never even played the actual game. Am I missing anything?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

I have dozens of Kongai cards awarded from various challenges, and yet I’ve never even played the actual game. Am I missing anything?

No.

It’s a turn based fighting game where you’re supposed to size up the strengths and weaknesses of the character you have out vs. your opponent’s and pick the move that will do more damage to them than you’re going to take in return.

It’s basically impenetrable.

It supposedly had design input from David Sirlin who’s a rather well known game design commentator, having numerous articles on how to balance various kinds of games. Sadly, Kongai comes down to either:

a) your opponent has perfect knowledge and you have perfect knowledge, what’s the best move?
b) you have perfect knowledge and your opponent knows nothing, what’s the best move?
c) you know nothing and your opponent has perfect knowledge, what’s the best move?

And trying to figure out which one of those choices is the most accurate. Hint: c) is you and is basically boils down to “pick at random.”

Flag Post

^ That’s about what I expected, actually. I’m not even a very big fan of card games in general, although it’s funny for me to say that, because lately I’ve been enjoying Rise of Mythos. I kind of want to borrow from the combat system…

Flag Post

I enjoyed the game before I “figured it out” as Draco listed. Now it is essentially random luck (or easy wins against bad players) because the game devolves into a “knew you were thinking that, so I did the opposite” fest.

Flag Post

It’s not actually a card game. It’s just a turn based fighting game where the characters are represented with cards.