Need Help

8 posts

Flag Post

If anyone could help me create an Idle style game, that would be awesome. More info will be given if you help me. Thanks!

 
Flag Post
var money = 0;
addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, doTheThing);
function doTheThing(e:Event) {
   money++;
}

I’ll take my cut in cash, thanks.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

Was it that bad? Oops… sorry :(

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Draco18s:
var money = 0;
addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, doTheThing);
function doTheThing(e:Event) {
money++;
}

I’ll take my cut in cash, thanks.

Probably would be better to use the time difference instead of relying on the EnterFrame event. It’ll help to ensure a consistent rate:

var prevTime= getTimer();
var money = 0;
var moneyPerSecond = 1.0;
addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, doTheThing);
function doTheThing(e:Event) {
var currTime = getTimer();
var diff = currTime – prevTime;
prevTime = currTime;
money += moneyPerSecond * (diff/1000.0);
}

I’ll take my cut in cash, especially since it allows you to adjust your money per second (such as having more rabbits = more money/second).

 
Flag Post

This thread is just another reminder why I despise ActionScript.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

This thread is just another reminder why I despise ActionScript.

Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

People hate on Unity because most of the games released on it are half-assed shit. I hate on it because it is really unoptimized.

So what programming language/framework do you like/use?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Shalmezad:
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

This thread is just another reminder why I despise ActionScript.

Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

People hate on Unity because most of the games released on it are half-assed shit. I hate on it because it is really unoptimized.

So what programming language/framework do you like/use?

My current project has me using CryEngine and C++ with a dash of C#. C# happens to be my favorite language. I hate ActionScript because I hate languages that are plastered with unclarity (yes I made that word up); any language that encourages runtime resolution of variables can go die in a fire.