Advertising Revenue

7 posts

Flag Post

Anyone have any idea how much money developers make off of flash games like those on Kongregate.

Say for an above average but not spectacular game like Areas or Filler? Or for a better than average game like Monster’s Den?

Thanks!

Flag Post

I recommend you search the forums, there have been some minor discussions on this.

Flag Post

Dude, Areas is the best game on Kongregate. :-P

There’s a discussion about ad revenue here, among other places on the site:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/3512

Flag Post

So I can tell you that for the month of December 53 developers will get paid, with most being paid between $50 and $250. This was a big increase from previous months, and we expect for it to increase substantially as we grow and can sell advertising at a higher rate.

Flag Post

what about michiads? I saw a game a while ago here on kongregate with mochiads in it. Was it an error?

Flag Post

Mochiads will NOT run at Kongregate except the loading bar. =P

If you use Mochiads,it’s better to send your game to a lot of sites,especially the sites that has much traffic from USA.

And have a bigger game screen might let you earn more money from Mochiads. (Mochiads has 2 ad image sizes recently,and the bigger image will worth more money.)

Flag Post

A great place to go is www.flashgamesponsorship.com

And here is a page specifically covering sponsorship prices paid out to developers for their games:

http://www.flashgamesponsorship.com/past-sponsorships/past-prices-paid-for-sponsorship/past-sponsorship-prices.html

But there are many ways to monetize your games. MochiAds, for example is a great tool for getting money for all the gameplays your game gets. Also, you can sell non-exclusive licenses if you don’t have a sponsor or your sponsor allows it. There are a number of other things too. You should check out the website if you’re really interested. And once you’ve made a great game, put it on FlashGameLicense.com so that you can find a sponsor for your game!