Getting the Kongregate API to work with Flex Builder 2

2 posts

Flag Post

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and trying to get the Kongregate API to work with my game. I’m writing in AS3 using Flex Builder 2, and have tried adding the KongregateAPI.swc to my project’s library path, but the console just spits out the error “unable to load SWC KongregateAPI.swc”. Flex Builder’s error.log gives a bit more info:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2008-02-02 15:04:07.171
!MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler
!STACK 0
unable to load SWC KongregateAPI.swc
at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwc(SwcCache.java:230)
at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwcs(SwcCache.java:151)
at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwcGroup(SwcCache.java:78)
at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwcGroup(SwcCache.java:67)
at flex2.compiler.CompilerSwcContext.load(CompilerSwcContext.java:52)
at flex2.tools.oem.Application.recompile(Application.java:723)
at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:530)
at flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderApplication.compile(BuilderApplication.java:224)
at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder$MyBuilder.mybuild(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.buildApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:593)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:168)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:202)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:231)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:234)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:253)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:282)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:139)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:200)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

Can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong? I tried looking at arcaneCoder’s AS3 API Integration post, but it all seems geared towards developers using Flash CS3, unless I misread it. Anyway, thanks for your time, and sorry if this is a dumb question!

Regards,

Mike.

Flag Post

Try manually loading the API without the component if you can’t get it to work, there’s info and code in the API thread.

I don’t have Flex Builder 2 so I can’t step you through the process of using components with it. Perhaps someone else here can.