Game Design forum? page 2

125 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wolfears2:

I wouldn’t mind having a place like that forum to run a small dev diary for games, so that people can critique games as they’re being made, which helps iron out glitches early on.

hmm, actually that’s what you get a blog for… they’re called dev blogs.

I recommend wordpress.

Flag Post

This gets my support, but i cant help but think that if it was made the threads would fill up with all the ‘idea people’ from collabs…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blank_64:

This gets my support, but i cant help but think that if it was made the threads would fill up with all the ‘idea people’ from collabs…

I can understand that fear. However, I was hoping the forum would be more “What is your opinion on unlockables” rather than “what do you think of my idea?” type threads.

Flag Post

I’m not sure if there’s a large enough demand for such a forum (since I don’t see a whole lot of topics created that would fit), but I did feel the need to point out that the people you would ask about something like this would be AlisonClaire or Phoenix00017 — not Alison and Phoenix.

support@kongregate.com is always good, too, though. =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frogmanex:

I’m not sure if there’s a large enough demand for such a forum (since I don’t see a whole lot of topics created that would fit), but I did feel the need to point out that the people you would ask about something like this would be AlisonClaire or Phoenix00017 — not Alison and Phoenix.

support@kongregate.com is always good, too, though. =)

Sweet, it feels like I’ve been pranked now DX

But I did also send an email to support@kongregate.com, so hopefully we should get some sort of response in the near future.

Flag Post

lol sorry I thought you’d know Drakim…

haha

Flag Post

Needs a bump because its very important. Have you gotten any responses yet?

And mods have you heard any whisperings on your forum yet?

Oh and sort of side topic. I have started a game development/design blog found here.
I share it with 2 other people, one is an experienced artist and the other is a small time programmer like me. We post about how we do things, problems and their solutions and about general Game Design related stuff. It is updated regularly at about 1 day between posts.

Flag Post

lol UG I was just thinking of bumping it too today…

Flag Post

Nope, still nothing. :/

Flag Post

I like this idea. I’ll give my support. :) Good Luck.

Flag Post

So, it’s now been 11 days since this thread started and it still doesn’t appear as if the admins have noticed it. I’ll do another round of notifying people but after that I dunno what to do.

Flag Post

Greg: “Ha! Some tiny people want a game design forum? Let’s see what they do if I don’t respond.” evil laughter

Flag Post

Hmm, ‘tis a good idea. There’d be questions that the forum users would have to settle on in terms of what topics are acceptable (Plot writing/critique? Strategies for managing a dev team? Comments/suggestions on in-progress games?), but it seems promising. I don’t make final decisions on my own, but I’ll talk with the community team and see if it’d make sense for us. We want to avoid flooding ourselves with too many forums, so we carefully select when to add a new one, but this one is certainly worth consideration.

Flag Post

We want to avoid flooding ourselves with too many forums

Remove the labs forums at the same time then. Users get far better/quicker responses for shootorial questions posting in the programming forum anyway.

Flag Post

I totally support this! I barely post on the forums, but I enjoy reading and learning from the programming forum. I think a gamedesign forum would be very interesting, could bring up some great discussions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Piepje28:

I totally support this! I barely post on the forums, but I enjoy reading and learning from the programming forum. I think a gamedesign forum would be very interesting, could bring up some great discussions.

I support this idea too. It’s quite often that I get bored of programming, and want to talk about the actual designing of the game, but all I can find is more “I need help with my programming” threads.

Flag Post

I too want to add my support for such a forum.

Flag Post

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I think this is really a good idea.

Flag Post

/support :)

Flag Post

I just wanted to say I think this is a pretty cool idea. evil grin

Flag Post

Haha, ya. It needs to be done. And no, I cannot make an app for it. :P

Flag Post

+1 Support

Flag Post

I mean… we have a forum for Fantastic Contraption Prius Edition… Does anyone even play that any more?

Flag Post

So… has kong even said anything about this (yes/no)?

Flag Post

I think it’s on the “to-do” list…

The valve section.