Anyone know of a good book on basic flash.

8 posts

Flag Post

Does anyone know of a book or website that shows the basics of using adobe flash? If so please tell me.

Flag Post

Sorry I don’t know any books but if you havn’t looked at this topic check it out: http://kongregate.com/forums/4/topics/89

Flag Post

Also this thread has been started: Actionscript books

Please look through the forums before creating a new thread, if possible. There’s a forum search tool available here as well if you need it.

Flag Post

Is it possible to sticky both of those topics you said Arcane because you and me already know someone is gonna make the same topic again.

Flag Post

Sorry, i didnt think about that. Thanks.

Flag Post

Is it possible to sticky both of those topics you said Arcane because you and me already know someone is gonna make the same topic again.

The first one is actually already a sticky. The second one doesnt need to be a sticky since the first one encompasses that info in the “Books” section. I could flesh out the books section in the sticky to include the actual comments from the other thread though…..

Sorry, i didnt think about that. Thanks.

No problemo

Flag Post

One of the best learning resources I’ve found is MacLab. It is a free video tutorial site for Flash 8. While done on a Mac, it’s all applicable to Windows as well. It does a great job going through some introductory stuff and getting into lots of detail on many of the visual effects and tricks in Flash. Also includes some good “best practices” for scene design and frame/layer setups. The only thing the site is a little weak on is Actionscript – it tends to focus much more on animation, buttons, etc. But it’s a great place to start and is how I started on Flash.

Flag Post

Looks like a good site to me, but I believe the topic was on Books not sites…No offense.