Game Development Room (GDR) page 14

486 posts

Flag Post

Ah, the developers meeting was yesterday? Guess I missed it. I didn’t even get an email though for that :/ Was there an email sent or something?

Flag Post

I think we should all give UG a round of applause since we haven’t gave him one yet. clap clap clap

Flag Post
Originally posted by GamerFefan:

Ah, the developers meeting was yesterday? Guess I missed it. I didn’t even get an email though for that :/ Was there an email sent or something?

No, today, at Noon EST. The developers newsletter had it listed.

Flag Post

Kong 2nd Dev Meeting log: http://pastebin.com/SsgmRv1a

Flag Post

2nd Town Meeting was awesome. But I really dont get it how it’s called a " town meeting ". Why not a " GDR Community Meeting ?" Because 80% of the people there are GDR regulars…

Thanks Bob for pasting the log, I had to leave early so I’ll see what everyone discussed :D

Flag Post

Looks like the meeting was a success. Thanks bob for the record. Looks like staying on topic is a fairly hard goal, from looking at the chat records. :D

Flag Post

On my list of things to do, if you really care about your time spent on GDR, PM me your userid so I can see if I have a copy of it and add it to your new GDR time, as well as fix highscore submission.

And on a side note, I added an additional 146 Kong mods that were accidentally skipped, to GDR’s mod list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

On my list of things to do, if you really care about your time spent on GDR, PM me your userid so I can see if I have a copy of it and add it to your new GDR time, as well as fix highscore submission.

And on a side note, I added an additional 146 Kong mods that were accidentally skipped, to GDR’s mod list.

GASP Double-Sticky-Bump-Post!

Flag Post

Updated server to prevent possible time hacking. So, I’m publishing updated source code on github. Let me know if anyone finds bugs/hacks/whatever. Also updating all the threads and descriptions.

Fixed highscores and they are now showing up. There may be a large gap in highscores since i updated some user’s times, but not all. If you want your time rolled over from a lesser version of GDR, let me know and I’ll look your score up. Just pm me your user_rid num.

Flag Post

Mute option would be nice. Sound’s good when I’m having a conversation, but when I’m trying to play a game and have it open, gets a little annoying. Loving the whole project though, so thank you :)

Flag Post

There is a mute button in the bottom right corner of the game. Default on ALL messages when you are not looking at GDR, you can click once to turn to messages with your name in it and click again to turn it to no messages beep.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Added a gitd winner rotator, changes every 2 minutes. And it seems that GDR does drive traffic to games. Pipe10 was at 700 views at the start and its now at 2,000, which no way could have been caused purely by change people clicking on it.

If you are a past GiTD winner and want on, I’d love to put you on, please message me with short game description + game icon + game link. Doesn’t have to be on Kongregate.

Clarification: GoTW winners also qualify.

Specs:
Icon = 93×74 ( A bit over in any direction will result in me scaling/cropping/whatever)
Text = Around 20 words. Depends also on game name length.

Flag Post

Added truefire’s 2 games that won, and soon will add qwerber’s game.

Also did server update tonight on super secret yet awesome ability.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Also did server update tonight on super secret yet awesome ability.

Can you please tell elaborate?

Flag Post

/unicorn I believe.

Flag Post

GDR is experiencing technical difficulties….

Rooms are separated from the server for no reason. Waiting for a response back. For now, blame it on BobTehCoolGuy.

Flag Post

Crapo, I knew pressing the key was a bad idea.

Flag Post

Your hilarious.

Flag Post

Port GDR to iPhone?

Flag Post

RikkiG will no longer spam the chat box when he is having interwebz connectivity problems. Collab button added for users who have joined the forum collaboration.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

Your hilarious.

No, you’re hilarious with your bad spelling!

Flag Post
<div>Originally posted by darkscanner:</div>

grammar*

Flag Post
Originally posted by skyboy:
<div>Originally posted by darkscanner:</div>

grammar*

Bad grammar for everyone! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Flag Post

wut is this thing grammar