Game Development Room (GDR) page 15

486 posts

Flag Post

RivaledSouls has permission to login as fake username, testing for poll system. Attempting to integrate GDR closer to the forum collab.

Flag Post

Poll system has successfully been integrated in GDR. Limited to only mod and admin creation, though mods, please don’t create any. I haven’t told you the format and I don’t want anyone messing around with it for a bit.

EDIT The massive forum project now has a dedicated room. For collab users (that have the collab icon by their name), they can access the room by typing /join collab and return to the regular room using /join gdr. Have fun.

Flag Post

Can you add a symbol next to everyones name that shows if they are typing right now? Something like:

if (justReleased(ANY KEY BUT BACKSPACE) )typed++;
if (justReleased(BACKSPACE))typed--;

if ( hasPressed (ENTER)){
     typed = 0;
}

if (typed > 0) typing = true;
else typing = false;

Flag Post

/unicron

Debug stuff added as well for future stuff. Maybe bots or something like collab chat or private messages put in Chat API window

Flag Post

lolz. how would one unicorns become a mod?

Flag Post

YOU DARE NOT RESPOND TO ME? I will use my unocorns powers to get you for this!

Flag Post
Originally posted by unicorns:

Donate thousands of kreds to GDR.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by unicorns:

Donate thousands of kreds to GDR.

This.

Flag Post

Server update. Supposedly this update is really a patch for a previous update that I skipped, but it could still be buggy. Please let me know. benny3t3 modded.

Flag Post

That lucky bastard benny

Flag Post

Coming soon:

Features:
-tabs! (finally!)
-Syntax highlighting
-auto indentation
-code completion
-line numbers!
-undo
-redo
-save to local file
-open as file
-auto import
-designed for AS3 (sorry AS2 guys)

For future maybe:
-Has functionality but not implemented, for compiling online (or maybe locally). Limits include how much AMF data you can send (40kb max or something) and I don’t have a server that can do that. :(

Flag Post
<div>Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:</div>

-Has functionality but not implemented, for compiling online (or maybe locally). Limits include how much AMF data you can send (40kb max or something) and I don’t have a server that can do that. :(

yo can write the text to a bytearray with writeUTFBytes and then compress it; being each character will probably not be more than 7 bits, you should get pretty high compression ratios, taking the limit from 40 KB of text to around 400 maybe.

Flag Post

how to i add a counter that counts evry time u click

Flag Post
Originally posted by TorB1:

how to i add a counter that counts evry time u click

onUClick = function()
{
   this += new CounterThatCounts()
}

Flag Post

The new code box is out, please let me know of any issues.

Current issues

1. Too many tabs, overflows and cannot access tabs offscreen
  2. Shortcode posted in first textfield, but does load the code. (Fixed I think)
  3. No tabs and loading code throws error(Fixed I think)
  4. Faking shortcode (Fixed I think)
  5. Clear code leaves ‘burn’ from old tab (Hard to reproduce)
  6. CTRL + O shortcut doesn’t work. But Right click → Open works (Have absolutely no clue why it doesn’t work. Same code for both. Maybe focus changing breaks it?)

Hidden Features

1. If you type in a valid AS3 class, and type CTRL + S, it auto determines your class name and fills out the dialog box with it.
  2. Right click menu with font sizes, loading, saving

Soon comming
Cleaned GitHub + Active committing. You grab source code from github (via git), code a feature, ask to commit back, then if approved it will be integrated into GDR and your code will be added to the official github)

Flag Post

Nice! The visuals are better than the rest of GDR, though, so my designer sense is wanting cohesiveness. But good job, I can’t wait for the rest!

Flag Post

Hello I need a flash programmer to help me make a game for kongregate and be part of the team go to http://solucifer.yolasite.com/ to see the prequel of the story I got most of the story planned out and have a couple of team members currently and need someone more experienced in programing so if anyone that is decent at programming I can use your help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Coon405:

Hello I need a flash programmer to help me make a game for kongregate and be part of the team go to http://solucifer.yolasite.com/ to see the prequel of the story I got most of the story planned out and have a couple of team members currently and need someone more experienced in programing so if anyone that is decent at programming I can use your help.

How much will you pay up-front?

Flag Post
<div>Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:</div>

1. Too many tabs, overflows and cannot access tabs offscreen
6. CTRL + O shortcut doesn’t work. But Right click → Open works (Have absolutely no clue why it doesn’t work. Same code for both. Maybe focus changing breaks it?)

1) want me to scratch together some code based on skynet’s emulation of firefox’s tab scrolling?
6) only focused object receives keyboard events. recommend using Key.as from my github and listening to all objects that can get focus. i can add re-dispatch functionality so it’s no big code change

Flag Post

It opens the dialog box just fine, it just doesn’t actually load the file you put in the dialog box. Even though the code is the exact same.

And your code would be appreciated for the tab scrolling! I’ll start cleaning up the source code for it to be edited easy.

Flag Post

the new code box is awesome!

Flag Post

i believe this will work.

[did not work]

but i have not tested it.

Flag Post

the previous code didn’t work (most of it did, but a few key parts didn’t) but the will. it also features mousewheel scrolling of the tabs.

the layout should be something like this:

TabBar
   |--ScrollLeft (implements IButton)
   |--TabContainer
   |      |--Tab (implements ITab)
   |          |--Grahpics/textfield
   |          |--CloseButton (no children. implements IButton, must not have siblings behind/covering it)
   |--NewTabButton (implements ITabButton. to hide, width of 0)
   |--ScrollRight (implements IButton)

the strict restrictions on the close button are due to how the getObjectsUnderPoint works. i may change it to have its own interface and use e.target instead

Flag Post

Server + Client rollback due to failed update. The update was admin only and not terribly important, so I decided to roll back. Probably won’t ever go back.

EDIT Server rollback failed. :o

Flag Post

New client + server update ready. Going to wait till people are out of the room to update.

EDIT Updated, GDR is once again stable.