Game Development Room (GDR) page 18

486 posts

Flag Post

Got it working. Thanks!

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Senekis93/adaad_preview?guest_access_key=f3a8e5fb71957e3a9c6e7c84e574a0c7bd2d52dc4d2a6147d19c0a143e225626
(Click to browse…)

Wanna implement it, UG?

Free webhost service gives me 100 GB of monthly bandwidth and 1500 MB of diskspace (I’ll add a cron to delete all gdr uploads every day). Should be enough for the GDR needs.

Also:
2:01 [mage_ruler9] /r SpareMyReality im the male here
2:05 [mage_ruler9] /r GamerFefan but im not gay anymore, remember?

GDR gets dangerous after midnight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TorB1:

how do i add achivments to my games ? :)

You can’t, sorry buddy. That’s the admins’ job.

Flag Post

Nobody is on GDR, but me… sooooo loooonely!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:

Nobody is on GDR, but me… sooooo loooonely!

refresh… it seems you got into the ghost room, take a look at the chat tab.

Flag Post

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind in the future.

Flag Post

100k view Update Changelog:

• Faster Loading (BUG? Not signed in and logging in when the pop up appears makes tabs invisible and other things?)
  • Serverside Colors: if your color changes new joiners will see that color on you
  • Recoded SaveSystem
  • Post Code puts shortkey into the input box
  • PM reply
  • Clicking a username sets focus back into input box
  • Clicking reply sets focus back into input box
  • Sound Setting Saved
  • Client User Authentification command (everyone)
  • Server User Authentication command (mods+)
  • Real Private Messages (No more spying, you can check the source code on github when its uploaded)
  • Private Messages is no longer case sensitive
  • Introduction Message removed for returning visitors
  • Reduce load on Server by removed Timers and changed to Date based system
  • Mods can be added without new server being updated and everyone kicked

Changes pushed live for testing. 11/26/11 @ 4:18pm
Source code pushed live 11/26/11 @ 7:18pm

Features desired:

• Dynamic database dumping //coded
  • Max Caps extended (10 reg, 30 dev, 999 mod, 999 admin)//coded
  • Min Message Separation (1400ms reg, 1200ms dev, 400ms mod, 400ms admin)//coded
  • Auto ban for message over a certain length that hit the server (an unedited client will not let this happen)//coded
  • Dynamic room joining – load from database
  • Client version checking
  • Auto kicking users with doubtful authentificatoin
  • Group PM
  • Message history (last 20 or something)
  • Timed Silences
  • Permissions stored in database.

Flag Post

http://playerio.com/ is down! No worries. I’ll ask for my money back. Oh waiiiii….

Flag Post

Lovely. Its broken again. I should start advising all people to not use playerio since their service is so unstable.

Flag Post

I can’t seem to make GDR work. I join, but it shows no names in the top, no one is talking, and I wan’t talk.

Flag Post

Oh okay, I was just banned. I’m somewhat annoyed since Danny has gotten away with far worse than mocking people when nobody else is trying to do anything (he non jokingly wished death upon me one time without reason), but I’m not going to make make a big deal out of it. I can always join with an alt if I need help in the next couple days.

Flag Post

lolol! K+ means you can have group private messages and I don’t have to code anything! (one person of the group has to have K+ though)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

lolol! K+ means you can have group private messages and I don’t have to code anything! (one person of the group has to have K+ though)

Oh, you sly dog you.

Flag Post

UG! 100 plays left till GDR5 right??? =D

Flag Post

100k view Update Changelog:

[addition to previous items]

• Mods can be added without new server being updated and everyone kicked
  • Min Message Separation (1400ms reg, 1200ms dev, 400ms mod, 400ms admin)
  • Auto ban for message over a certain length that hit the server (an unedited client will not let this happen)
  • Permissions stored in database (Mods are now on database values! No longer have to kick all to add a new mod)
  • Mute individuals
  • Bold Individual’s Messages for easier reading when multiple convos on
  • Beep on Individual’s Messages
  • Nicknames! Set your names and strings that you want GDR to beep on. (Mods can put “spam” or “http” to get beeps if spammer)
  • Mobiles – If you couldn’t send messages before, there is now a button to do so!

Changes pushed live for testing. 1/5/12 @ 8:30pm
Source code pushed live 11/26/11 @ 7:18pm

Features left to add:

• Dynamic database dumping //coded, removed for security
  • Max Caps extended (10 reg, 30 dev, 999 mod, 999 admin) //got to spend a day rewriting some server code
  • Dynamic room joining – load from database //server day
  • Client version checking
  • Auto kicking users with doubtful authentification //server day
  • Group PM //server day
  • Message history (last 20 or something) //server day
  • Timed Silences for Mods (currently UI exists, feature is disabled) //server day
  • User scroll list bug //not super high priority

Functionality is here, looks are not. That is probably the priority right now. Color, formatting of the features. I want the bugs ironed out in case I need to revert rather than waste time making stuff pretty to figure out some nasty bug.

Flag Post

It would be cool if the userlist functions were switched – clicking on the name should bring up their options panel and clicking on info should bring up their profile.

Flag Post

I may have forgotten to take a picture of the actual 100,000 BUT THAT IS SO EASY TO
FAKE ANYWAY, but here is proof of getting the
100,000 play :P GDR can’t be faked easily :)

Flag Post

it can be faked easily :P

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

wow gdr sure looks different to when i left :d

Flag Post

Whispers are truely not case sensitive now. And fixed a bug on the nickname beeping I believe, added a /system command just in case, for admins.

Flag Post

So this is why Lobster became a mod…

Flag Post

I’ve pushed the source live. Any and all help is welcome. GitHub Project link

Please don’t download as a zip and work on it like that and expect me to add changes unless they are 1 liners. If you want to contribute, use a source control that works with guthub and do a branch and then ask for a merge. That way I can check the changes and its real simple for me to see what updates you did and check to see if they work.

People that contribute code and major improvements might get rewarded. Significant changes may upgrade you to an admin status (you get to ban and have a red name WOW) provided you would be a good moderator and not detract from the goal of the chat.

What needs to get done.

• Clean up code! A lot of it is sloppy and could use a rewrite. It is, however, significantly better than it used to be.
  • Deletion of unused and old code/packages
  • Expand GDR with all wants that have been posted in this thread as possible updates

Flag Post

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me in designing a web page. Alot of the works done but I still need help. If your interested please message me

Flag Post

Testing a new version that drops 23 characters, a font tag with size, per message. (Over a few hundred messages, that’s a lot!) It also keeps the font size standard (so larger time stamps) but it should be faster rendering.

EDIT Forgot about the info tag is replaced with profile tag. Click on a user’s name to go to the profile panel and click the profile tab to go to their Kong profile.