Game Development Room (GDR) page 19

486 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by benny3t3:

GDR can’t be faked easily :)

How is it hard to fake it at all?

Flag Post

Awwwww yeah. I’d make a bucketload of cash and then buy Kongregate and make rev share 100%

Flag Post

Skyboy’s scrolling tabs for the code box have been implemented.

Flag Post

Local Login Version released.

1. To login locally, download GDR to your computer
  2. Open GDR in a tab
  3. Type the command /dev in the online GDR
  4. Use credentials generated to input in local copy. Format: userid <space> user token
  5. Press enter (the one above shift) after putting in your user token.
  6. Login will fail if credentials were invalid. Restart the local GDR copy and try again.

Do NOT share your user token with others.

This can allow users to login as you on GDR. Your account will be banned until you change your password if you share this feature, even accidentally.

Mods are responsible for authenticating suspicious users. Use /id username to check if both IDs returned are the same. One will have the string kong in front of it. If they are different, kick the suspicious user.

Flag Post

Media Tab Version released.

Follow instructions to upload and share media. Media that is compatible are .swf, .gif, .png, .jpg. Support for bmp might be added soon.

Be wary of any bad images. NSWF images will be acted on. Probably a week ban from GDR, immediate silence by mods if they don’t have ban powers.

Bugs Documented:
- Images load in background
- Fx image stays there
- Media handler image stays there

Flag Post

lol im in kong chat in that image :P

Flag Post

I’ll see if I can shove out an update tomorrow that’ll dynamically chose rooms. Maybe Senekis (if you see this) could have an update for your Media Tab at the same time. Or if anyone has some code they want me to add, let me know here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Maybe Senekis (if you see this) could have an update for your Media Tab at the same time.

According to my private messages history, I sent you the updates the same day that the bugs were reported. Or do you mean something else? o.o

About dynamically selecting rooms, that’d be great, I’ve been stuck in ghost rooms with three or four users for the past three days or so.
ie, right now it shows eight users on the chat tab (maybe nine, since Skyboy is never displayed there), yet there are only three of us in one of the rooms.

Flag Post

An update on the situation.

“We currently have a bug with the room access code. We’re working to get it fixed asap.” -Oliver from Playerio.

Link

Flag Post

TeamLab has released their own API, which as a crossdomain.xml and a nice rate limit of 500 requests per 10 second period.

They seem like a great place to start moving some parts of GDR too, perhaps file storage, private image sharing, calendering of events, etc. It would be kinda interesting if someone wants to work on adding some features like these to GDR. Or just show support in doing it.

Features that look interesting are:

Profiles
Groups
File Uploading
Projects
Teams
Tasks
Events

Flag Post

Playerio bugs seem to have been fixed. My admin panel reports 3 room creations in last 3 days compared to an average of 20+ created each day prior to that since the 11th.

The next update will feature these:

For Local Development

• Fixed Local Dev user name. Just has Local prefix to allow code posting.
  • Remembering Local Dev Login. Remembers the userid and user token of your last login. If you are on a shared computer, watch out.
  • Trimmed auth token saving/submitting to 64 length. I think all tokens are 64 chars long, and this will prevent accidental store bugs.
  • Fixed accidental double login problems

For Everyone

• Better Code Tab. Skyboy has revised some code of the code box.
  • GDR API→ Write util functions for GDR. It could be something like type in game url and it will grab play count and rating. (or suggest functions)

Source Code Related

• Dumped 8 old GDR classes
  • Dumped any unused files in 3rd party APIs like bit101 (which might be entirely removed on the next update since I only use the Text)

Flag Post

Maybe something cool.

/todo What you need to do.

Check yer profile page. ;)
Upcoming: Code Storing Permalinks.

Flag Post

History Version Released
Stores the last 20 messages on the server.

Since this just reports the username and message but not the time of the message, it would be amazing if someone wanted to write some code for that. Getting local time seemed like a super hassle problem when I was writing the code so I didn’t implement it. Please write some code and message me if you want to create that.

I’m also testing a new background. Maybe something where you can change the bg to anything you please. It was more of a proof of concept than an official background so it will probably change. (to something more vibrant of course)

Flag Post

GDR keeps saying there are more than 45 people in the room. Whine at Player.io please.

Flag Post

Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

GDR keeps saying there are more than 45 people in the room. Whine at Player.io please.

i have a feeling that there’s a troll who’s loaded multiple instances and filled the limit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skyboy:

Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

i have a feeling that there’s a troll who’s loaded multiple instances and filled the limit.

Its a playerio bug. Server logs don’t say anything about users being near 45.

EDIT Patch wrote to bypass this error. Its working now.

Flag Post

Its a playerio bug. Server logs don’t say anything about users being near 45.

EDIT Patch wrote to bypass this error. Its working now.

how the… well, okay. good for P.IO, i guess. however they manage these bugs, that takes some skill.

Flag Post

Playerio didn’t fix the bug yet. And their bugs usually last weeks. Which is not a feature of their service.

Flag Post

Playerio didn’t fix the bug yet. And their bugs usually last weeks. Which is not a feature of their service.

i meant manage to create them – they’re the most obtuse bugs i’ve ever seen.

and it certainly is a feature, since they always create them and they always last for 4-6 weeks (what, do they have the code shipped via USPS from india, to a US server? they should upgrade to fed-ex, then to the internet.)

Flag Post

OP needs a more… updated… update list.

Flag Post

Fixed History Message bug which was caused by the patch I updated for the previous bug playerio had. (I had some new code in it that caused client and server to disagree on what was being sent).

Anyways, currently UTC time is being sent to the client in the form of 6/8/2012 2:18:34 AM and I need to convert that to Local time. I could get it parsed easily with Date.parse but converting to local time seemed always to be off. (Either 2 hours ahead on mine, or several hours behind). Since I can’t get this to work, I’ve hidden the data even though its being sent behind the scenes.

Flag Post

Nice

Flag Post

Did an update. Nothing super amazing.

-Upgraded playerio libraries to a better BigDB.
-Hid sensitive player data that was exposed unintentionally to me in the last server update (IP Addresses)
-Small client side fix for fun.

Source code has been updated on github.

Flag Post

More manly colors.

Flag Post

Kongregate API bug is happening if you cannot load the game.

Please post here if you are having the issue, to let Kong know its a lot of people affected.