Game Development Room (GDR) page 2

486 posts

Flag Post

Ya its the forgotten about part, and that they really don’t need it. Its mainly just for programming help, or to chat about something related.

I could make an app but then I would have to authenticate users somehow. My current system is barely enough to get by right now (security wise) and if I did such an app I would have to greatly improve that. Besides there would be no way of knowing who the user is that would sign in, which was my main intention. Publish only to kong, and use kong users in the game, just to prevent confusion and a mess of other issues.

And I did make some updates yesterday. I published a better code box that has scrollbars that actually work when loading code. And I added something where, if necessary, I can kick all the users from the server. Though, that will only be used in the case of a major update or something bad happens and I need to revert to a previous version.

 
Flag Post

I accidentally nearly broke it by sticking an image into it.

 
Flag Post

Err, ya. If anyone does that and moderator or I see it, html text is going to have to go goodbye. Same with if I see a .swf in chat. Get permission first, since it breaks the chat box by sticking anything like that into it. Its not just because I hate you or anything, its just annoying to other users.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Err, ya. If anyone does that and moderator or I see it, html text is going to have to go goodbye. Same with if I see a .swf in chat. Get permission first, since it breaks the chat box by sticking anything like that into it. Its not just because I hate you or anything, its just annoying to other users.

Mkay. Anyways – any update on that ping noise? You could use hasFocus or something.

 
Flag Post

Yep looking into it. Just had to get skyboy to fix his sound utility package that I just love. (located on his github page, free to use) Just got a PM saying he has fixed it now, so I am running some tests with a real game that actually uses it to see if it does work.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Err, ya. If anyone does that and moderator or I see it, html text is going to have to go goodbye. Same with if I see a .swf in chat. Get permission first, since it breaks the chat box by sticking anything like that into it. Its not just because I hate you or anything, its just annoying to other users.

bah humbug! We were all having fun being spammy (all 4 of us)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Err, ya. If anyone does that and moderator or I see it, html text is going to have to go goodbye. Same with if I see a .swf in chat. Get permission first, since it breaks the chat box by sticking anything like that into it. Its not just because I hate you or anything, its just annoying to other users.

bah humbug! We were all having fun being spammy (all 4 of us)

shhhhhh.

I’m quite ashamed of being so spammy.

 
Flag Post

Hehe, no problem guys. As long as its not really bothering anyone, I guess its fine.

EDIT Just added a time stamp.
EDIT EDIT (Edited 4 hours after post was made) Sound added.

 
Flag Post

What about.. you can go to the user’s profile by clicking their name on the list of users (_blank of course)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Syurba:

What about.. you can go to the user’s profile by clicking their name on the list of users (_blank of course)

Ye good idea.

 
Flag Post

sadbump

 
Flag Post

Lets promote the cheeze out of this thing.

 
Flag Post

Can I melt it and put it onto peanut butter? :D

 
Flag Post

yes

 
Flag Post

but will it feed the developers out there…. else i’m keeping it for myself

 
Flag Post

authenticating users as an AIR app would be easy, as i believe AIR can read HTML headers, allowing you to proxy a sign in to kong and store the session information so there’s no need to always re-sign in. unless air uses IE, at which point the user can log-in on Ie, then you can just pick up the information you need from headers. before the update for new chat i used to scrape pages on kong to get the username and other needed information for my stand-alone chat app, also allowing the user to sign into their account/another account if they wanted to. and that was in AS2, AIR will make it much easier on you.

 
Flag Post

Hey, just taugh about another simple upgrade. Maybe you could add a status, llike away – online . If you are away, an icon would appear before you name or something like that.

 
Flag Post

having that show up on focus/blur is actually a good idea. Tells you who is actually reading the chat atm. But having an “idle” status etc is pointless and not needed.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by jonathanasdf:

having that show up on focus/blur is actually a good idea. Tells you who is actually reading the chat atm. But having an “idle” status etc is pointless and not needed.

That would be pretty easy actually. I’ll look into it. (Translation: Add to my suggestions list)

 
Flag Post

So, I have already thrown this idea at UG, but sanchez wants to know what everybody thinks :) So, where the code box is, I would like there to be tabs, like on an internet browser, but vertical. Theres nothing specific I want for those tabs, Im just thinking it to be more organized, but some examples are:

• The Main Chat
• Private Chat (?)
• Code Box
• User Content (i.e. Games, Art, Music)

 
Flag Post

the user profile could be done by opening the page in the tab… kinda like dreamworld does? (they use html, no?)

I suggest a room code box. everyone in the room could mess around in it. people could also be banned from it, to prevent obvious trolling. It should also have an automatic/manual data transfer setting (so people not using it could turn it to manual and not waste internet speedz.)

P.S. What’s up with firefox spellchecker? It’s telling me internet is a proper noun.

 
Flag Post

Thats a good idea too

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:

the user profile could be done by opening the page in the tab… kinda like dreamworld does? (they use html, no?)

I suggest a room code box. everyone in the room could mess around in it. people could also be banned from it, to prevent obvious trolling. It should also have an automatic/manual data transfer setting (so people not using it could turn it to manual and not waste internet speedz.)

P.S. What’s up with firefox spellchecker? It’s telling me internet is a proper noun.

will be too hectic, seriously. Maybe if it’s a private room with <3 people or something. Otherwise you can just use typewithme.

 
Flag Post

Links section updated. Huge major graphical update. It doesn’t even fit in right now…lol

 
Flag Post

whisper? like a /w thing