What product to get?

11 posts

Flag Post

Well, I was looking into all the flash products macromedia had to offer and all I saw was this Flash CS3 Professional. If (once i get my basics down) I was to purchase the latest and greatest, would this be the right product to buy?

Flag Post

Yea it would be. Well its good for a person thats new at actionscript. Are you new at it?

Flag Post

It depends on whether or not money is a problem for you, and if you will be using it to make games or to make animations. Flash 8 or even Flash 5 would be fine for animation, as it’s only really the programming capabilities that have increased through the ages. (CS3 is FLash 9)

Flag Post

I’m not sure if the benefits stay the same, but I just got an email from Adobe for the software I installed a bit back and I got a free month subscription to lynda.com — an excellent Flash resource.

Flag Post

I am new to flash, but im learning and i plan on first making an animation (by the end of next summer) and then i plan on making a game (by the end of the summer after next). Its going to be kinda of a summer hobby, and during the year in high school ill do it on and off and then, the year after that I’ll be in college so i’ll have a bunch of time to work on it inbetween class and studying. I have flash 8 but I dont plan on getting the new flash version till I start working more with AS.

Flag Post

Yeah, Flash CS3 is the latest and greatest. If you have Flash 8 and youre still learning though, stick to that.

Flag Post

Flash 8 is the shiznets =) I never heard of lynda.com though.

Flag Post

I actually know Lynda :)

She runs the FlashForward conferences.

Flag Post

Never heard of it. You know Lynda is real life?

Flag Post

You know Lynda is real life?

I’ve met and spoken with her over the years. I’ve been a speaker at her conferences several times.

Flag Post

Wow, thats really cool.