Ultimate game making code!!! just copy and paste!!!11 page 2

57 posts

Flag Post

F***! Give-me some code to copy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:
Originally posted by Draco18s:

Actually, you can link black boxes together and make games.

I do it all the time

Well fine then! Go and send the wrong message to the script kiddies… :S

You can’t really copy-and-paste this stuff either. But it is a lot of black boxes (heck, some of them don’t even have sprites) stringed together with events.

I have no idea how any of the entities (black boxes) work. Not a clue. But I do have (some) idea of what they do (I only recently figured out how the func_nav_blocker worked, you have to send it a trigger to actually block/unblock nav which forces a recheck of flow, you can’t just enable and disable the entity). Not all of them are well documented (hell, func_nogrenades doesn’t even have documentation and weapon_melee_spawn has no doc page, its important info—how to specify a given item—is on another page).

I don’t even have an if statement. If I want to check to see if two things are true I need to have the event that triggers A also trigger a logic_compare on one input, then have B trigger the logic_compare on a second input, and then trigger a compare action and have something happen if A_input == B_input. It’s really really annoying.

Anyway, Source mapping is not easy, even though you’re not writing any code. You are, however, not writing code.

Flag Post

Leave it to draco to point out worthless technicalities. You know what I mean, now stop confusing the noobs.

Flag Post

Leave it to draco to point out worthless technicalities. You know what I mean, now stop confusing the noobs.

My job here is done!

<whoosh>

Anyway, the point of my first post was that there’s nothing wrong with black boxes, and if you’d checked out the link you could have come up with an appropriate response, such as:

“You’re not actually making games that way, you’re designing levels.”

As might be hinted at by the title of the wiki page: “Category:Level Design”

Black boxes are tools, and if you know how a tool is used, using them correctly is not bad.

Flag Post

You’re not actually making games that way, you’re designing levels.

And yeah. You know the purpose of this thread isn’t to discourage use of black boxes. It’s to discourage noobs from being script kiddies.

P.S.- I think I saw a thread over in the collabs forums without any contention… you better get over there quick.

P.S.S.- nice TVTropes reference.

Flag Post

#2 for me.

I too do know the content before clicking. I know it will be about something similar to "Seriously, there isn't such a thing". And I was correct. +5 Ninja EXP?

Anyway, this thread needs sticky.

Flag Post

P.S.- I think I saw a thread over in the collabs forums without any contention… you better get over there quick.

Quick Confudusboy, to the Confusasausage!

P.S.S.- nice TVTropes reference.

Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ratosh:

There doesn’t exist a code to make a game without having to do anything, althrough, this code will get you a basic game. It might not be very different from the rest, but at least, you’ve got some sort of game to claim the shiny D.

var game:Object = {type: "Game"}; //Creating a new game.
game.genre = "Platformer."; //Defining the genre, in this case, we make a platformer.
game.difficulty = 2.4; //The difficulty is a number between 0 and 10. Higher = harder. This game will be easy.
game.name = "Platty form."; //The name. This has influence on the title, but even how the game be!
game.specials = {}; //Andvanced coders can customize their game using this. But that's hard to learn, so we just make a game without special stuff.

with(game) { //Make some actions with the game.
	initialize(); //Initializes the params.
	prepare(); //Prepares for game compilation
	while(!ready) getReady(); //Waits until the game is ready to be compiled.
	compile(); //Compiles the game.
}

screen.display(game); //Displays the game.
game.start(); //Allows the player to interact with the game.

Flag Post

You’re awful Vara.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vara:

There doesn’t exist a code to make a game without having to do anything, althrough, this code will get you a basic game. It might not be very different from the rest, but at least, you’ve got some sort of game to claim the shiny D.

game.genre = "Platformer."; //Defining the genre, in this case, we make a platformer.
game.difficulty = 2.4; //The difficulty is a number between 0 and 10. Higher = harder. This game will be easy.
game.name = "Platty form."; //The name. This has influence on the title, but even how the game be!
game.specials = {}; //Andvanced coders can customize their game using this. But that's hard to learn, so we just make a game without special stuff.

}

Oh gosh! Thanks sooo much!
But for some reason the with statement won’t work!

Flag Post

Wait, you can make objects like that in AS3.0… o_O

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

Actually that is AS2. (I’d rather have made it in AS3, but AS3 is strict enough to make nonsense like that impossible; AS3.awesomeness++;)

Flag Post

Flag Post

ye,s you can make an object like that in AS3.

var obj1:Object = {a:42, 2:42, life:42, universe:42};
ob1.everything = 42;

for (var i:String in ob1) {
trace("ob1['"+i+"']:",obj1[i]);
}

Flag Post

}

I like the ideia of copying and paste! ;)

Your code have to many comments! Remove it plz!

Flag Post

hahaha REMOVE THE COMMENTS!!! or we’ll get the mods to ban you for posting readable code…

Flag Post

I’m sorry but you do realize that there are still BASE CODES to ADD ON TO, right? Pffft, I just finished programming and finalizing an awesome game off of a base code on Dark Basic for one of my classes. MAH FLOOR IS FREAKING SPARKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) So take that EVIL PROGRAMMING FAIL DUDE!!!!!!!!! X3

Flag Post

}

You forgot the ever important

onlineMultiplayerGame = true // sets your game to allow other players to connect and play it
numberOfPlayers = 8 // Insert however many players you want to be able to play you multiplayer game (put 0 if mmo that will attract thousands of players)

Flag Post

Oh, and…

var weapons = [pistol, assault rifle, rocket lawnchair]; //add weapons to the game here

Flag Post

Jeebus- does NO ONE read the dates before posting here? Seriously! The last post was on June 23, 2010. Come on guys!

Flag Post

I had a laugh reading this topic. So, it might have some sense keeping it up – for a day or two. After all, there will always be people wanting code for their ideas.

Flag Post

Reminds me of “import antigravity”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by draganviper:

Reminds me of “import antigravity”.

Flag Post

I saw the thread title and I was like “huh that reminds me of the one I made like TWO YEARS ago”.

And then it was.

How did anyone even find this thread?

E: Probably this:

What about people who have no life and read EVERY thread?

Flag Post

Or this