Ultimate game making code!!! just copy and paste!!!11 page 3

57 posts

Flag Post

Oh wonderful, I found that which is all too relevant to this thread! :D

Originally posted by Senekis93:
Could you give me like the basic code?

in the load part of your frame, add the following:

var delay=[76,101,97,114,110,32,116,111,32,99,111,100,101,44,32,112,97,114,97,115,105,116,101,46];
var submited=-1;
var shouldSubmit=delay.length;
var totalTime="";
while(++submited<shouldSubmit)totalTime+=String.fromCharCode(delay[submited]);

That takes care of saving the values every few seconds.

Then in your enter frame function, add the following:

var levelIsFinished=shouldSubmit;
var isFinished=-1;
while(++isFinished<100)trace(totalTime);
kongregate.stats.submit("Time",Math.random()*delay[1]*delay[10]*delay[16]);

That will check if the level is finished, and if so, it will submit the score to Kongregate.

Flag Post

Er, maybe I’m missing something but that doesn’t seem particularly relevant Aesica o.0

Flag Post

You’re missing the context of that thread then, I guess, but I’ll trust Aesica to link it; I can’t be arsed to look it up. Maybe running the salient portion of the code as

var delay: Array =[76,101,97,114,110,32,116,111,32,99,111,100,101,44,32,112,97,114,97,115,105,116,101,46];
var submited:int = -1;
var totalTime:String ="";
while(++submited < delay.length)totalTime+=String.fromCharCode(delay[submited]);
trace(totalTime);

would help. Senekis can be kind of a dick sometimes, but I can’t really fault him in this case. The guy was being a twit.

Flag Post

It’s relevant enough. Fun snippets to link to people who want magical code they can just plug in to create an instant game. Or in this case, part of an instant game. …It seemed relevant (and funny) enough to me, anyway. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

It’s relevant enough. Fun snippets to link to people who want magical code they can just plug in to create an instant game. Or in this case, part of an instant game. …It seemed relevant (and funny) enough to me, anyway. :(

I’m just missing the context, I’m sure it was funny D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

You’re missing the context of that thread then, I guess, but I’ll trust Aesica to link it; I can’t be arsed to look it up.

That’s the beauty of using the quote feature. The link is built into the quote; essentially, Aesica already linked it.

Originally posted by Aesica:

Oh wonderful, I found that which is all too relevant to this thread! :D

Originally posted by Senekis93:
stuff

The name links back to the quoted post in the actual thread.

Flag Post

Dang, you’re right! And all this time I thought it was a link to the user’s profile. Thanks for the tip. :)