Proggraming help

7 posts

Flag Post

I was wondering if anyone could help me create a game that I have an idea about (I have never programmed in my life). The game would consist of your hero choosing @ the beggining of the game whether or not he wanted to be a defender of earth, or a defender of space. He would origganaly be given three missions, you can pick any of them to do, but only one. When he finishes it, new missions happen, but never the same as the first ones. Also someone to do graphics would be needed, not necisarilly good graphics, but a background image and stuff like that.

Flag Post

Wait what are u doing

Flag Post

This seems like a good idea for a game. Sadly, I’m still learning ActionScript. If you need any help coding, I suggest you read a book. I like the one’s by Colin Moock. Right now I’m reading them, and they seem to be teaching me a lot. I hope this helps.

Flag Post

Sometimes, imagining won’t work. You have to get a thing called Flash.

Flag Post

Well, Jack, this is what I tell everyone–Ideas sound really awesome in your head, but they’re useless unless you can actually make them. Start by learning to code, and make some simple stuff like Pong or a mouse avoider. From there, gradually make more complex stuff, and eventually you can make this one.

Good luck, and cheers.

Flag Post

thanks guys, i’ll try to learn flash :)

Flag Post

From there, gradually make more complex stuff, and eventually you can make this one.

That’s my reason for making crappy games for now :P