GiTD [#20] Entries and Discussion (72 hour competition!) (started!)

141 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme:
“They fall from the sky”

Deadline:
Monday 27th June 2pm GMT (9am EST, 6am PST)

Prizes:
Gigantic spot in GDR, 50 kreds thanks to Cloud_9ine. You can donate some kreds to increase the prize if you want!

Information:
For those who do not understand the rules of GiT(hree)D, you have 10 3 days to create a game based on the chosen theme. Once the deadline has passed a new voting thread will be created where users will vote for the person’s game who they think should win. Using an engine is acceptable as long as the person submitting it creates the majority of the game. You may work in a team of up to 2 people.

Questions?
Please feel free to ask in this thread or through PM!

Flag Post

:o! A dramatic red sign has invaded the logo!

This is going to be interesting.

I am not sure if I’m going to be participating…

Flag Post

Interesting…

Flag Post

This got my interest. Since it’s summer and my project is on pause I’ll participate likely.

EDIT: http://www.kongregate.com/games/mikebolt/ascendication

Flag Post

Is the theme Pirates?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cloud_9ine:

Is the theme Pirates?

That was my guess and if my math calculations are correct, I am 99.436% sure that the theme is Pirates.

Proof that it is Pirates:

3:34 [Cloud_9ine] Yes, the theme is Pirates.
3:34 [mage_ruler9] It definitely is.
3:34 [Cloud_9ine] Also GamerFefan is awesome.
3:34 [mage_ruler9] Agreed. He is a king.

Flag Post

Also I am putting in a prize of 50 kreds ($5 equivalent) to the winner of the contest.

Flag Post

Wow… I’m trying to finish my game in three years:(

Curious to see what some knowledgeable coders can do in 3 days…

Flag Post
Originally posted by GamerFefan:
Originally posted by Cloud_9ine:

Is the theme Pirates?

That was my guess and if my math calculations are correct, I am 99.436% sure that the theme is Pirates.

Proof that it is Pirates:

3:34 [Cloud_9ine] Yes, the theme is Pirates.
3:34 [mage_ruler9] It definitely is.
3:34 [Cloud_9ine] Also GamerFefan is awesome.
3:34 [mage_ruler9] Agreed. He is a king.

All Hail da KING!!

Flag Post

I might also chuck in a kred reward, maybe 50 kreds?

NOTE: Unless I win, in which case I am going to give myself 100 kreds. ;)

Flag Post

Theme is up! Time to turn on beast mode!

Flag Post

Aaaw. I can’t make it in to this GiTD since I’m busy with my current game.

By the way, somebody needs to make a game because it’s Gi 3D! Oh ho ho!

Flag Post

Like the theme?

Flag Post

It’s a good theme. Good enough to get me to enter anyway if I wasn’t so engrossed in my own game

Flag Post

Pfft, screw this. I’m going to write terrible fiction in 24 hours. If I don’t cause someone to pass out from alcohol consumption when judging it (on a scoring scale of -5 to 5i) then I did something wrong.

(I’m the only person to have been banned from this contest for any length of time)

Flag Post

Game in 3 days sounds fun, not as much of a commitment as GiTD, although it would be too much to do more than once a month. I’ll be entering, and screen capturing the whole process, would be cool if other entrants do as well :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rivaledsouls:

Game in 3 days sounds fun, not as much of a commitment as GiTD, although it would be too much to do more than once a month. I’ll be entering, and screen capturing the whole process, would be cool if other entrants do as well :)

Same, im using Chronolapse.

Flag Post

You know i’m in. I finally have a chance to focus more on story line, design, and gameplay with my level generator I am making ^_^ I’ll only have like 2.25 days though…

@Draco18s
Why did you get banned? Too knowledgeable with da codz?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draco18s:

Pfft, screw this. I’m going to write terrible fiction in 24 hours. If I don’t cause someone to pass out from alcohol consumption when judging it (on a scoring scale of -5 to 5i) then I did something wrong.

(I’m the only person to have been banned from this contest for any length of time)

Sounds fun. Perhaps I’ll participate in a similar fashion.

Flag Post

Joining the comp. Hopefully I can get something decent released from it.
-Edit
I retract the above statement, best of luck to those still competing.

Flag Post

I’ve got a whole bunch of ridiculous ideas bouncing around, hoping I’ll be able to implement them in time. You’ll hear from me again Sunday…

Flag Post

Aww, my screen capture got messed up when I switched which was my primary display, gonna be missing the first 30-45 minutes of coding.

Flag Post

I have my first 2 hours all in video format so far. Taking out all the time I spend checking my email/facebook/twitter & other stuff, there is only about 40 minutes of coding, and most of that time is spent in Photoshop just trying to get my game menu looking slick.

Flag Post

Lolz. I haven’t started, I am copying my engine atm. I have to go on a huge bike ride today.