Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 9

648 posts

Flag Post

I think equipment would really make a zombie game quite nice.

I have this! :D

The randomized colors are a bit wierd but I’ll deal with that later.

And finally, having a large explore-able territory (with map and fog of war)

I’m heavily debating whether to have something like this.

On the good side, it clearly makes the game better.
On the bad side, a lot more work for me. Particularly, I feel that I’d need dynamic lighting (shadow casting) if I have any kind of obstacles, which can really be a pain. My rendering is CPU-hungry enough as it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:

I know some artists who might be willing to do it, so probably not, but thanks for the offer. I can also do the arts pretty well myself, and that’s free.

That’s fine, it looks like an awesome project to work on!

Flag Post

I know some artists who might be willing to do it, so probably not, but thanks for the offer. I can also do the arts pretty well myself, and that’s free.

Is it really free, though? I find that creating all of the art myself has slowed down my own project’s ETA considerably. Even though I can do art on my own decently enough, I’m seriously considering grabbing an artist for future projects for that very reason.

Also, @ your screenshot: There’s something about that font that’s…unpleasant. Maybe it’s just me, though.

Originally posted by Feffers:

Too much bullet hell. Looks much better when you’re actually playing but requires a powerful computer to run. D:

I should like… stop posting the same things. :(

Yaay, another bullet hell project! :D If I may ask though, what are you doing that requires it to run on a really good computer? AS2? Excessive rendery stuff?
(And yeah, I should stop posting the same things all the time too! Oh well, nothing wrong with being proud of your work.)

Flag Post

Is it really free, though? I find that creating all of the art myself has slowed down my own project’s ETA considerably.

More or less. I find that doing art helps me get over the tedium of coding boring features. I can switch between art and coding, and I can be more productive that way.

Also, I don’t have all that much to deal with. My art assets consist of

(1) intro/game over screen BG (100×75)
(2) a few button sprites (3-4 of them, no more then 40×10 each)
(3) the parking lot background (400×300)
(4) upgrade screen (400×300)
(5) a spritesheet with everything else (20×20 tiles, each 16×16, about half of them used. total size 339×339px, including borders)

based on the pixel count, redoing ALL the art would only take a day or two.

@Feffers

Those eyeball things look 3D, are they being rendered in real tme, or are they pre-rendered?

Flag Post

Truefire, you should call the speed stat in your game “rate of fire.”

Flag Post

Except for the part where it is movement speed (As indicated by the icon that maybe kinda resembles a boot sorta).

But anyway, that upgrade menu in the upper left is getting replaced with a skill grid.

*mockup, none of it is actually implemented

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:
Yaay, another bullet hell project! :D If I may ask though, what are you doing that requires it to run on a really good computer? AS2? Excessive rendery stuff?
(And yeah, I should stop posting the same things all the time too! Oh well, nothing wrong with being proud of your work.)

Throughout this thread I’ve been posting away3d experiments, this is what it turned in to. :D
So, 3D rendering, a hella lot of bullets on the screen at the time which are actually 3d sprites and inefficient code. :[

@Feffers

Those eyeball things look 3D, are they being rendered in real tme, or are they pre-rendered?

Rendered in real time. It doesn’t really look 3D until you get to bosses.

Flag Post

You might want to consider pre-rendering some of them and caching.

Flag Post

I have a youtube video of my project in its most current state. I’m still trying to get all of my art assets done before I actually start working on the code. This game is basically a Touhou clone with Danmakufu functionality (users can create their own levels). Written using C# and Lua.

The only thing that isn’t mine is the music and will be replaced on release.

Flag Post

Thought I’d get this thread active again cause I love seeing people’s ideas come to life!

I just started working on a horror survival game:

Flag Post

I’m ashamed to admit that I’m still working on the same thing I was working on last time I posted in this thread. Because AS2 is garbage and lags more than ever now, thanks to recent updates, I’ve had to recode it all in AS3 and haven’t been real enthusiastic about it. Oh well, it’s about done now (finally) and then I can move on.

Having to redo the same shit twice makes me question my initial plans of making a sequel. :| Oh well, since it’s AS3, I can finally do some of the cool shit I wanted to do before, but couldn’t because of AS2’s speed limitations. You know, things like making enemies flash when hit, better particle effects, etc.

Flag Post

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/b2mth
Don’t know how to embed image?

Anyway about my game, it is set in a world that changes as you play through it. I want the gamer to feel emotional as what is evolving through this adventure. I am still working on many design aspects of the game and hoping to increase the artistic stuff in the game. This is also my first platformer and is my hardest project yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oatlol:

Anyway about my game, it is set in a world that changes as you play through it. I want the gamer to feel emotional as what is evolving through this adventure. I am still working on many design aspects of the game and hoping to increase the artistic stuff in the game. This is also my first platformer and is my hardest project yet.

That sounds great! I love games that try to do something powerful. Too many games are made for the sake of having games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrYoshiyahu:

That sounds great! I love games that try to do something powerful. Too many games are made for the sake of having games.

thanks man, that just proves that this game will be liked!

Flag Post

Add an “!” at the start and end of the link

For example if ! was X

XawesomelinkX

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

For example if ! was X

XawesomelinkX

didn’t work with !’s

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

For example if ! was X

XawesomelinkX

didn’t work with !’s

That’s because you don’t have the link to the image. Your link goes to a page where the image is embedded.

Flag Post

@Oatlol, I’ll post it for you

Flag Post

A simple keyboard-based RailGun Shooter that is currently getting an art redesign (now that I know how to use Blender).

Flag Post

Thanks Danny, I am still a noob when it comes to forums.

Flag Post

Our turn-based strategy game, Jaraph’s Table

Made with Flash & Starling. You can find more info here

Flag Post

Together with my brother we are working on this:

It will be a relaxation/anti-stress/storytelling game, to help people relax.

Flag Post

Looks like an awesome game AMD. When you gonna be done with it?

Flag Post

Sorry for AndyNMG’s post. Spam filter got it. Super nice looking game!

Flag Post

Looks like an awesome game AMD. When you gonna be done with it?

Thanks, well it will definitely take 5-6 months, because we are thinking about creating 5 different worlds, and unusual ones like swamp or mist world. Heavy rain world would be very unusual too, but putting on a stage size rain movie clip would probably make game laggy:/