Multiplayer Game Dev Contest - Play Entries! page 5

121 posts

Flag Post

Away3D uses both Alchemy and Stage3D – doesn’t that mean it uses flash player premium features? I’m not sure, all I know is that you’re under special licensing (revenue share above 50 000$ or something like that) if you use both Alchemy and Stage3D.

Flag Post

Player.IO’s tutorial is quite good and will get you started.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AldenRogers:

the player.io info says the visual studio c# version to download needed for their development environment is the green box… but there is no green box on that download screen…. I also see none labeled as c#. Does anyone know which is the best one to install?

I’m using Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express and it works perfectly for me.

Flag Post

@bredzio Away3D doesn’t use alchemy, AwayPhysics do but you don’t need to use that.

Flag Post

Oh btw how is Kongregate support of Stage3D games? Can we finally enable wmode direct? I wasn’t able to do that last time I checked don’t know if anything changed.

Flag Post

From what I’ve heard, they will automatically detect if you use Stage3D and set the wmode appropriately.

Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

wmode=direct is set automatically for Stage3D games on Kongregate… So you should be able to upload them at will. Feel free to email us if you have problems getting it working..

Flag Post

Just a quick question. Are there any country eligibility rules? Or anyone from any country could participate in this contest? I’m from Eastern Europe and I’m not sure if I can participate.

Flag Post

There are no country restrictions – anyone in the world can participate :)

Flag Post

Eh, why flash only :(

http://rezoner.net/workshop/tactics/client/

Flag Post

$150,000 omg.

Flag Post

$150,000 is a not is a puke

Flag Post

Will all ActionScript 2.0 projects be rejected? If so, is PlayerIO required?

Flag Post

I don’t believe Playerio works with AS2 out of the box, so I would assume you are required to use AS3 or Unity. (not comparable, I know, but just saying).

PlayerIO is required it appears.

Flag Post

I Have a question relating to this contest

Am I allowed to use Stencyl (Also can stencyl can even do multiplayer support)

Flag Post

No you use playerIO as your multiplayer tool.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shubshub12:

I Have a question relating to this contest

Am I allowed to use Stencyl (Also can stencyl can even do multiplayer support)

Yes to both, but it requires so much custom scripting that using stencyl would be too inefficient. Besides that, the bad performence of stencyl games will guarantee you won’t win.

Flag Post

im in , the offer is to good to pass by :D

Flag Post

does it have to be flash based ? can’t it be text & image based

Flag Post

The submission deadline is up.

To review games you can head on over to http://playerio.com/competitions/ega2012/reviewgames and sign up using the code “letmeplay”.

Flag Post

Quite a large field of nice entries. I especially like the ones that allow playing as guest, or at least to create an account without providing an e-mail address, and those that have something to do even when one is alone on the server. Those games that have both features are particularly cool.

Flag Post

Unsticking because the contest is pretty much over. Voting starts on Monday from judges.