Question

5 posts

Flag Post

I wonder what program is used to create this game
http://www.kongregate.com/games/CoolMoose/when-the-bomb-goes-off
The drawing are simple and not so fancy
I used Stencly before, it is simple.
Do the dev actually put in a lot of effort in When the bomb goes off ?
Do i actually needed to learn how to code AS3 in order to create similiar game to that?
Is there anyway to learn coding AS3 from scratch? (I read the topic How to make a Flash Game, but its not the same type to the game i wanted .-. )
This is my first topic so help me :) and don’t be mean
Im new to coding…

Flag Post

I reckon it’s made in Adobe CS, but can’t be sure.
No, I don’t think they put in any effort.
No, you could easily make that with almost no code. (but don’t, it sucks)

Yes, look for tutorials such as those linked in the howtomake sticky (you could try just reading the whole AS3 ‘manual’ http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/package-detail.html but using tutorials is almost certainly a more sensible option, just remember to check the manual when you forget a code), or just make a blank .swf with something like FlashDevelop (www.flashdevelop.org), then experiment yourself….eg, start by trying to add a circle, work out how to tell it what colour to be, what size, position….make it shrink when you click on it, or whatever. Just mess around and get used to basic commands.

Flag Post

The program that was used to create the game you linked to is Flash Professional. The artwork is obviously vector-based, whereas Stencyl can only use raster (bitmap) images. Whether much effort was put into that game may be a matter of opinion. You don’t have to learn AS3 to code a similar game. You can use Haxe instead. Or you can use the aforementioned Stencyl. Yes, you can learn how to code AS3 from scratch by following the tutorials in How to Make a Flash game. It doesn’t matter whether the tutorials show how to create the type of game you want. What matters is that you learn how to code even if it’s just a simple avoider you’re learning to make. Once you learn the basics, you can then make better games.

Flag Post

Thank you, learning AS3 is like learning another language .

Flag Post

Originally posted by fatboy8898:

Thank you, learning AS3 is like learning another language .

learning AS3 (a language) is learning another language; and there are other programming languages that are substantially different from AS3