Can't Upload to FastSWF

20 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been trying to upload a file to FastSWF. Each time I make the attempt, the progress bar stops at around the hundred-percent mark, but the screen does not show my uploaded game. Is FastSWF undergoing technical problems right now, or am I the only one who can’t upload?

Flag Post

What’s actually happening is that the swf is getting read by our servers from the cdn (I think, bob can correct me here since I didn’t write this part) so it will usually be a few seconds after the bar hits 100% that you will be redirected.

However, if your bar stops before 100% that seems super weird. Maybe a timeout error?

Also, all services appear to be running fine.

Flag Post

Yes, the screen freezes when the bar reaches 100%. I’m able to upload to MegaSWF but not FastSWF, so I don’t think it’s my connection that’s at fault. shrug

Flag Post

How large is the swf? And how long did you wait. I think I’ve tested with 11 meg files and it took 5 seconds or so to redirect.

Flag Post

My file is only 46 KB, and the web page is still frozen at the upload screen since the time I made this thread, so that would mean I’ve been waiting for an hour so far.

Flag Post

Did you try multiple times? D: That seems super odd. Also, can you send the file possibly?

Flag Post

Yes, I tried 4 times. I sent you a PM with a link to my SWF file.

Flag Post

Hmm. Browser?

EDIT If you do web dev and changed your user agent to something that is not true (did that once D:, took me 2 days to figure out why stuff wasn’t working) then fastswf breaks.

Flag Post

Hi, I think I found the bug – it was related to a subtle database difference on our local testing machines and our production server. Should be fixed now, let me know if it isn’t.

Flag Post

I use Google Chrome. Anyhow, thanks for uploading the file, UG. And thanks, Bob, for fixing the problem. I’ll let you guys know if I need help again with FastSWF.

Flag Post

FastSWF still refuses to work for me, asking me to download flash player.

I have the newest version of flash player installed.
I have javascripting enabled on my brower.
I am using IE 9.

This appears in the console:
HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag (‘IE=edge, chrome=1’) ignored because document mode is already finalized.
fastbutton?bsv&size=small&db=1&textcolor=FFFFFF&ag=6326213839&cr=24509016439&ad=true&width=712&annotation=inline&drm=true&autosize=true&align=left&source=displayad&hl=en-US&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fgoogleads.g.doubleclick.net&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theiconic.com.au%2Fmen%2Fclothing%2Ft-shirts%2F%3Fwt_dp%3Dau.display.gdn.mt.24509016439.0%26sort%3Dprice%26dir%3Dasc&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.5dIMa9ga2_c.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTPj3G9Y3HnWMgeYH6-jy9YjNx2hIw

Edit: It appears going to F12 Dev tools and leaving the console open, while refreshing the page, makes it work…?

Flag Post

I was trying to show something to a friend on her laptop (on IE) and it was also asking to install Flash Player again and again until I convinced her to install Google Chrome instead, and then it worked fine on Chrome.

I’ve had no problems with FastSWF so far, if anything it’s easily the best swf uploading site I’ve ever used.

Flag Post

I have absolutely no idea why switching Dev tools on seems to fix it.

And I don’t like Chrome, but I’d had sporadic success/fails on Firefox.

Flag Post

Originally posted by feartehstickman:

I have absolutely no idea why switching Dev tools on seems to fix it.

internet explorer is and always has been a broken implementation; and microsoft shows no promise of actually fixing it regardless of their intentions – they just don’t know how to follow someone else’s standards.

for example, they have a Boolean enum that has 5 values called MsoTriState. it has these values:

msoCTrue         	 1  	Not supported.
msoFalse         	 0  	False.
msoTriStateMixed	-2  	Not supported.
msoTriStateToggle	-3  	Not supported.
msoTrue          	-1  	True.

consider this table very carefully. it’s a tri-state boolean (sic: “Specifies a tri-state Boolean value.”) that has five (5) values, three (3) of which are unsupported, and true is -1

the definition of tri- is three (and comes from latin/greek words for three) while the definition of boolean (as an adjective) is Pertaining to data items that can have “true” and “false” (or, equivalently, 1 and 0 respectively) as their only possible values and to operations on such values.

Flag Post

A tri-state boolean with 5 different values, of which only 2 are supported and -1 == true.

ming = blown.

But that’s why I prefer Flash to html 5, because the 3 main browsers cannot seem to agree on anything.

(successfully turned thread into html 5 vs flash thread)

Flag Post

Speaking of booleans: I never tell the truth. <— True or false?

(Successfully derailed my own thread.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Elyzius:

Speaking of booleans: I never tell the truth. <— True or false?

False, of course.
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

A tri-state boolean with 5 different values, of which only 2 are supported and -1 == true.

ming = blown.

I have heard of a boolean implementation which had true as -1 and false as 0. The reason was that -1 has all bits set. And comparation was done via unsigned instructions, so true>false even if true-1 and false0 ;) Although I like Pascal’s implementation the most, true==1, and “for b:=false to true do…” was fun.

Flag Post

This sentence is a lie.

Also, I still have no idea how opening the dev tools fixes fastSWF on IE. If anyone ever can guess why, let me know.

Flag Post

I think the page refresh makes it work. Sometimes it doesn’t work on the first load. (race issue of content loading maybe?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

I think the page refresh makes it work. Sometimes it doesn’t work on the first load. (race issue of content loading maybe?)

I’ve tried refreshing multiple times, that doesn’t work. Press F12, F5 and boom, works like a charm…
Very strange.