PGGC #2: Voting

18 posts

Flag Post

How to vote: You have 3 points to spend as you want; you can give all points to a single user, give a single point to three different entrants, etc. (Participants can vote, but not for their own entries).
Also, feedback is always appreciated.

Check the pic to see the deadline.

Entries:
  • Aaants: View
  • Jexia: View
  • ItsaMeeeeeMario: View
  • Bobikas: View
  • Senekis93: View  Press TAB to animate the background.

General Note: Click the SWFs to generate new stuff.

I’m posting this, since there was never a voting thread for the second contest and the third one may start soon.

For future contests, if I’m not available by the time the voting should start, please make a voting thread and go on without me. >_>

Flag Post

I’m giving two points to Aaants and a point to Mario. Tough choice; many nice entries there.

Flag Post

*Scratches his head*

Why does this feel really old?

Anyway, Aaants and Mario for me too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draco18s:

*Scratches his head*

Why does this feel really old?

I was busy with other stuff and took a break from most internet activities by the time that contest was finishing and noone made a voting thread. >_>

Flag Post

Ah!

Flag Post

Ha, I didn’t have an entry. That doesn’t count at all for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Ha, I didn’t have an entry. That doesn’t count at all for me.

I included both finished and unfinished ones. Anyway, just removed yours. >.>

Flag Post

1 point to Mario, 1 to Aaants, and 1 to Senekis. Tough choice because Aaants’ses’ was so unbelievable, but I really loved the cartoony 3D style of Mario’s. Amazing job to everybody who entered!

Flag Post

3 points for Aaants, because if Aaants doesn’t win after putting in that much awesome, then the world is wrong.

Flag Post

Aaants – Even in monochrome, the soft lights make for images that convey a wistful mood. Moving lights, vehicles, and leaves give one a sense that the environment is alive. The addition of subtle lens flare shows the kind of attention to detail that make this submission my favorite piece. If the cityscape came with a soulful sax, I’d be bringing out a few cold beers to enjoy the view until the beer runs out.

Jexia – While the generated images are certainly striking, all the buildings are equally sharp regardless of their distance from the viewer. The ripples in the water are a bit off somehow, although they could probably be improved by tweaking the algorithm that generates them.

ItsaMeeeeeMario – The moving spotlights look very good, and it’s nice to see some background blur. Unfortunately, the buildings all look alike, and the perspective isn’t quite right. There are also a number of white triangular objects zipping past in a straight line. I have no idea what they are supposed to be.

Bobikas – On the positive side, the perspective looks correct. Nevertheless, the buildings are too densely packed to look like they are in a real city, and they lack the kind of details that would distinguish them from plain, tall blocks.

Senekis93 – The buildings in the background are lighter than those in the foreground, which is how they should be. From the look of things, I would hazard a guess that the buildings themselves are procedurally generated pixel by pixel. The image is upside-down for some unexplained reason, which unfortunately conveys the feeling that the picture isn’t quite right. The choice of colors and the flying bats successfully give the impression of being in vampire country, but the sharpness of the images do not contribute to any feeling of dread.

I give 3 points to Aaants.

Flag Post

Ah cool, good to see these again :) (and thanks for the comments!)

I’ll say 2 to Mario and 1 to Senekis, both quite different and well-executed. Really enjoyed doing the first 2 PGGCs, great to see it making a comeback.

Flag Post

Aaants’s entry has a clear advantage over others’ ones, so it’s a bit unfair if I don’t give him all three ponts. But, seeing as others did definitely well, I give 2 points to Aaants and one point to Senekis, because he took an unusual approach to the theme.

Flag Post

2 points to Aaants and 1 point to ItsaMeeeeeMario.
They were all great entries!

Flag Post

8 hours left to vote.

Flag Post

ItsaMeeeeeMario += 2 points;
Aaants += 1 point;

Flag Post

Congratulations to Aaants!

And thanks to everyone who participated.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Am I too late to give my 3 points to Aaants?