What music do you like listening to while programming?

18 posts

Flag Post

Personally, if any, I like to listen to SMILETRON – doesn’t take much of your focus; long monotonic and good to listen to, or without.directive – awesome compositions with a genre mixture I haven’t heard before.

Hope this isn’t too off-topic :P

 
Flag Post

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

Yeah I’ve tried that. Doesn’t work well for me because I have to press next song all the time if I get songs I don’t want to hear atm or just terrible songs I’m too lazy to clean up. I should definitely make a playlist some day.

 
Flag Post

Put all good songs in a playlist, shuffle.

 
Flag Post

Aint nothing like a little wu-tang clan to get you pumped for some programming.

 
Flag Post

Einaudi, Mazzy Star, Lee Moses, Radiohead, GY!BE, Eno, Beatles, Foo Fighters & chilled trance.

 
Flag Post

Liquid drum ’n bass is what works best for me when working

 
Flag Post

Warren Zevon is a very nice person to listen to, as well as the soundtrack from Croc 1 and Croc 2. They aren’t fast-paced and won’t make you code like a code monkey demon, but you might optimize things more.

 
Flag Post

Frank Sinatra or punk mostly. Sometimes drum and bass.

 
Flag Post

Gotta check out all that :)
Btw pretty neat free album released right now

 
Flag Post

I listen to Gorillaz and E-Dubble

 
Flag Post

I don’t like to have music in my ears while programming, somehow it breaks my concentration. This, on the other hand, helps it. Go figure.

 
Flag Post

I put on stuff like this. Makes me feel like what I’m making is better than it actually is. ;)

 
Flag Post

Anything electro related. I usually either download my music and use foobar to play through it, pandora or youtube.
I’ve been listening to a lot of Vocal Trance by Eminence podcasts recently though.

That’s not to say that sometimes I don’t like to listen to music, especially when I’m concentrating.

 
Flag Post

All about video game music! :D (snes and genesis era mostly, plus some notables from the few competent game music composers today, oldschool examples (i.e. almost the entire soundtracks are good) → Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, Final Fantasys 2/4, 5, and 3/6, 7, 8, 10, and 12, Treasure Hunter G, Live A Live, Shining Force 2, Breath of Fire 2, Radical Dreamers, Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) Donkey Kong Country 2, Lufia 2, Bahamut Lagoon, just to name a few from the older era… in other words Yasunori Mitsuda, and Nobuo Uematsu)

‘mid’ to new era examples:
Electricity – SimCity 4 OST (HQ) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-L8MIg5fI
Epicenter – SimCity 4 OST (HQ) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhsY0uBbgyo
Umineko no Naku Koro ni – dreamenddischarger – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vYAXZs8pFU
Nora to Toki no Koubou : Kiri no Mori no Majo – Everyday Lifestyle – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ung2q_BVXWY
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – Lone Trooperhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wVrWXawQRI
Cladun: This is an RPG OST – Knight of a Foreign Country – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLpN1sp0hmw

some ABSOLUTE listens:
Chrono Cross OST – Chrono Cross ~ Scars of Time (Opening Theme) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-h-n43xOqg
Eschatos – Point of No Return – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNvMT4WjaOo
Final Fantasy X OST – Omen – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKM52CMl_AU
FINAL FANTASY XII OST 3-04 – Seeking Power – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBr3orXec0
My Top 25 RPG Final Boss Themes #4- Digital Devil Saga 2 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oLJcVhqIdc

gotta stop myself there…barely scratched the surface! have programming to do…

 
Flag Post

I shuffle my “study” playlist which consists of 98% off-vocal Japanese pieces (vocaloid, touhou, other game pieces, and anime) and other American off-vocal stuff. The other 2 percent are random songs I like including Lights by Ellie Goulding.

 
Flag Post

ACDC, Metallica, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Metal themed Skyrim theme song covers.

 
Flag Post

currently listening to the Gorillaz, everyone here should check out there newest album.

besides that…
Queen, Chemical Brothers, Audiobody, bassnectar, the beatles, bob marley, clark, coldplay, crystal castles, daft punk, death cab for cutie, devin the dude, distance, the doors, the eagles, explosions in the sky, a flock of seagulls, flying lotus, three 6 mafia, incubus, journey, kanye west, lupe fiasco, the killers, led zepplin, manowar, marilyn manson, massive attack, matchbox twenty, metallica, MGMT, nickleback, nirvana, noise storm, peter bjorn and john, the police, prime & sisyphus, project jenny project jan, project pat, pendulum, the scorpions, shwayze, sleepmakeswaves, starkey, styx, supertramp, system of a down, tears for fears, theory of a deadman, they might be giants, vampire weekend, weezer, the widdler, ye banished privateers, 16 bit, and 2267 dubstep songs I listened to before dubstep was “cool”.