New Tools From Adobe [aka old tools renamed from Adobe]

15 posts

Flag Post

See here. Adobe has officially released Project Monocle as Scout; Starling, Away3D, and some other stuff as the Gaming SDK; and Alchemy as FlasCC.

Flag Post

It says it’ll be available for free for a limited time. I’m already downloading them.
Thanks for the update, Bob.

Flag Post

Unfortunately, it seems that they’re only available as part of Adobe’s “Creative Cloud” service. I have no interest in paying that much for Scout, so I guess I’ll be sticking with the old methods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by player_03:

Unfortunately, it seems that they’re only available as part of Adobe’s “Creative Cloud” service. I have no interest in paying that much for Scout, so I guess I’ll be sticking with the old methods.

I currently have a subscription so I can’t say for certain, but I think you can get them with a free Creative Cloud membership. (They have a free level and a paid level.)

Flag Post

It just asked me to log into my Adobe account and then I was able to download them.
Just to be clear, I’ve never purchased a single Adobe product. I don’t even know what that Creative Cloud thing is, but you can totally download those files without paying a cent.

Flag Post

Thank goodness Scout is free- I would’ve been pissed if it weren’t.

edit: Here’s the link for ya’ll. https://creative.adobe.com/apps?trial=GAME&promoid=GAMING

Flag Post

It seems it’s useless for most stuff right now, since you have to enable some “advanced-telemetry” option to be able to use the features that matter.
I guess I’ll have to wait a while until someone hacks that into FlashDevelop.

Also, as expected, it profiles everything. I left it open for like 10 minutes and it started over 16 profiling sesions.

Flag Post

Yeah, you can download it easily enough, but I’m pretty sure it’ll expire. That seems to be what they meant by “For a limited time, you can get Scout as part of a free Creative Cloud membership” and “30 day app trials.”

The thing is, I don’t expect to get much use out of it in the next 30 days; I’d much prefer a copy that was mine to keep.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

It seems it’s useless for most stuff right now, since you have to enable some “advanced-telemetry” option to be able to use the features that matter.
I guess I’ll have to wait a while until someone hacks that into FlashDevelop.

Also, as expected, it profiles everything. I left it open for like 10 minutes and it started over 16 profiling sesions.

I opened my .swf in a tab in FlashDevelop and that worked.

Flag Post

Yeah, but I mean stuff like the ActionScript panel.

@Player_03: Could be.
The actual app says “You are currently using a free preview of Scout before commercial release so you can evaluate and provide feedback.”
Thibault said that “Adobe Scout will be part of Creative Cloud for paid members. We are actually providing Scout for free right now so that you can use it and and see how you like it.”1

Flag Post

Well, I managed to obtain it but whether I can but it to any good use before it may or may not expire remains to be seen.

Flag Post

scout isn’t particularly useful for a lot of people including me. I feel you usually should know the bottleneck already, there are few cases where you can’t find the right place to optimize (for me at least). But yeah I’d be pissed too after using it for a while that it would require payment later on.

Flag Post

Has anyone been able to install adobe scout on windows xp 32 bit? for me it says “Designed for following processor architectures: x64”;

Flag Post
Originally posted by AMD_Paulius_J:

Has anyone been able to install adobe scout on windows xp 32 bit? for me it says “Designed for following processor architectures: x64”;

I cannot get it to work on Vista 32 bit. When I try to run the setup, nothing happens.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerber:

I feel you usually should know the bottleneck already

(Spoiler alert: you don’t.)