Fullscreen resolution

10 posts

Flag Post

Is there any way to change the fullscreen resolution of the Flash Player in AS2?

 
Flag Post

Shouldn’t the fullscreen resolution be the resolution of the monitor it’s running on?

Or does Flash do some weird scaling thing?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

Shouldn’t the fullscreen resolution be the resolution of the monitor it’s running on?

Or does Flash do some weird scaling thing?

Nope, no weird scaling as it’s vector based, not sure if the OP means he want Flash to show more of the gameplay area.

 
Flag Post

If you want to actually change the resolution of the user’s monitor, then nope.

 
Flag Post

In most modern-day videogames (non-flash) you can change the fullscreen resolution. I was wondering if you could do that in flash too.

Edit: actually, I can ‘cacheAsBitmap’ the root, and then scale it.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnnyBohnny:

Edit: actually, I can ‘cacheAsBitmap’ the root, and then scale it.

You can always scale it.
Caching your entire application is not a good idea if anything changes in it (which is probably the case), because whenever somethings changes, the cache has to be rerendered.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by NineFiveThree:

Caching your entire application is not a good idea if anything changes in it (which is probably the case), because whenever somethings changes, the cache has to be rerendered.

It would probably be better to use blitting in that case…

 
Flag Post

In most modern-day videogames (non-flash) you can change the fullscreen resolution.

As far as I know there is yet no way to change the Flash Player’s output fullscreen nor windowed resolution. You can use blitting to make the output look like it should be at a lower resolution, but technically it will still “feed” your monitor with all the pixels for it’s current resolution. Say pixel doubling will make four adjacent pixels show the same color, so visually it will look like half the resolution, but it’s still four smaller pixels, not one big one. And I don’t know whether or not will you get any performance boost that way.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BrainStormer:

In most modern-day videogames (non-flash) you can change the fullscreen resolution.

As far as I know there is yet no way to change the Flash Player’s output fullscreen nor windowed resolution. You can use blitting to make the output look like it should be at a lower resolution, but technically it will still “feed” your monitor with all the pixels for it’s current resolution. Say pixel doubling will make four adjacent pixels show the same color, so visually it will look like half the resolution, but it’s still four smaller pixels, not one big one. And I don’t know whether or not will you get any performance boost that way.

Does scaling every pixel require the entire game to be in a bitmap?

 
Flag Post

Originally posted by JohnnyBohnny:

Does scaling every pixel require the entire game to be in a bitmap?

no. just change the scale mode on stage to alter how vectors are rendered