GiTD [#29] Entries and Discussion (started!)

66 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme:
Night and Day

Deadline:
Sunday 10th February (8pm EST, 5pm PST.)
Official Deadline Countdown Timer

Prizes:
TBA

Information:
For those who do not understand the rules of GiTD, you have 10 days to create a game based on the chosen theme. Once the deadline has passed a new voting thread will be created where users will vote for the person’s game who they think should win. Using an engine is acceptable as long as the person submitting it creates the majority of the game. You may work in a team of up to 2 people. (Let me know if you have a larger team and I’ll see what I can do)

The usual rules apply for using existing code/graphical assets/libraries.

Want to join the GiTD Mailing list? Just leave a shout on my profile and I’ll message you any time a GiTD contests begins, voting begins, and the results of the voting.

Flag Post

reserved for updates on stuffz

Flag Post

(Just a little inspiration from a non-competitor.)

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

I’m in! My game plan:

Genre: Action Tower Defence
Art Style: 8-bit? o0
Music Style: ?
Sound Effects: ?
Theme: Night and Day will affect how creep spawn, Lights will be required to survive the night working as a detection system. Hopefully I’ll come up with a bit of story to fill in a bit more the theme feeling

IDE: Flash Develop
Framework: Starling with lightning and maybe particles extensions
Drawing IDE: Paint, some 8-bit editor if I got there else Inkscape
Music: ?
Sound Effects: ?
Others: TexturePacker (for spritesheeting), foobar (no silence allowed!)

I’ll probably throw in a look at February resources in One Game a Month for what I’ll use for sounds since this month theme is based on Sound!
However I feel like doing everything myself this GiTD therefore I’ll be using pre-built sprites as a base for my art as I want to see how the game play feels to the public.

I’ll tell more about the game in a couple of days however the “action” feeling will be quite low, more of an aesthetic feature.

Flag Post

Yeah I’m in. And the game I’ve been hoping would match the theme does!
Time to start working on it.

[reserved table for one]

Edit: on second thought. I’ve got too much going on this month. I’ll finish an old game for this month instead of trying to finish 3 projects, study for my GED, and work.

Flag Post

RESERVED

Flag Post

Ooh, this is a particularly interesting theme—Count me in!

This post is not reserved in any way.

Flag Post

D: Why is everyone reserving a post? I reserved the 3rd one for updates on any deals we might have this GiTD and what not. Not for an entry… But I’m glad to know a lot are participating!

Flag Post

I wasn’t going to do this. School started yesterday and I’m doing lights and sound at a local theatre, opening night was last night. But when I read “night and day” I had this incredible inspiration for a great game that’s so simple it’s hilarious. It doesn’t require any artwork, and it wont take long to finish, so I think I’ll go for it!

Flag Post

I think I’ll join this one but, as an act of protest against contentless posting, I will only ever check the last page of the thread. :p

What?

Flag Post

Since it seems to be pleasing UG so much, I think I’ll reserve this post for later.

I’ll try and cobble something together. This theme sounds pretty good.

Flag Post

I refuse to reserve a post.

Flag Post

Decided to do this one just for kicks. Making a hybrid RTS/TD game with pixellation and Astar pathfinding! Fun.

Flag Post

Reserve.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Aceeri/coming-night

Coming Night
Strategy & Defence
My GiTD entry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

D: Why is everyone reserving a post? I reserved the 3rd one for updates on any deals we might have this GiTD and what not. Not for an entry… But I’m glad to know a lot are participating!

I just did it because everyone else was doing it, and like a good lemming, I follow the herd. OH BOY CLIFF DEAD AHEAD!

Anyway, I guess it’s pretty pointless so I’ll fix my previous post. :)

Flag Post

Heh all this reserving is kind of silly.

I’m pretty busy like always but I like this theme so I’ll have to see if I can knock something together.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

I just did it because everyone else was doing it, and like a good lemming, I follow the herd. OH BOY CLIFF DEAD AHEAD!

All the other lemmings are jumping, it’s probably safe. ^^

Once again, inspiration is not striking. But this time I’m willing to admit I’m probably the problem.

Flag Post

If you ever have a theme: Cartoon smileys
Send me a message xD

Flag Post

I might have to miss this one. Who knew studying for a degree full-time and working part-time means that you have little free time?

Flag Post

Can’t wait to enter this one!

As per usual, I’ll feature your game and give you some points on StemPlay if you post it there, as well as the contest winner rank if you win. I haven’t gotten around to renewing my domain, but I’ll get it done before the entry period has ended.

Flag Post

I’ve actually done something

A bit like Farm of Souls…

You control the time (day/night). Achieveing a balance allows your people to grow without destroying all the animals they use for food…
At the moment, not much happens. The people kill the animals, and the animals breed.

Any ideas are welcome.

Flag Post

I kinda liked it, new people keep appearing, but balance still exists :)