GiTD [#29] Entries and Discussion (started!) page 3

66 posts

Flag Post

Someone else is on the ball.

Oshi…less than a day left.

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

-Bugs, gone (I think/hope)

Nope, I managed to get this picture before the flash player locked itself up and exploded.

Flag Post

I only found out about it Tuesday night.. Have been grinding like mad. 1 day to go… I really need those days I missed. This thing might be playable from start to end.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

-Bugs, gone (I think/hope)

Nope, I managed to get this picture before the flash player locked itself up and exploded.

Just figured that out too. A rogue while loop appeared :/

Should be better

Flag Post

Goin for it! :P

Flag Post

With not much time left, here’s my final entry

GiTD 29 Final Entry

Updates:
-fixed crashing
-100 wood will add an animal pen to a building, spawning animals every once-in-a-while.
-Screen size is now infinite, scroll with arrows, A+D or by holding your mouse on the edge of the screen.
-Trees are capped at 128, because they can build up very quickly and start lagging…
-Vectors instead of Arrays, hopefully it’ll give a little performance boost. (Maybe I should blit but I don’t know with an effectively infinite size)
-animals attempt to flee when you hit them, but only a little.
-Buildings no longer capped at 7.

12 hours left…good luck to everyone or anyone else who enters.

Flag Post

Playable, though only one real level. Balance comments welcome.

edit: now with tutorial

Flag Post

Uh it’s Sunday 10. today. I didn’t even see this before now ._. Been really busy anyway, almost no freetime. Might join the next one!

Flag Post

Hey, I’ve just got a brilliant idea! Or is it too late? Nah, I guess it’s not. File > New…

EDIT (4 hours later): Apparently, it was too late with my skills. Oh well…

Flag Post

Literally just got off my train, so I guess I won’t be entering :(

I’ll be sure not to sign up to anything for the 1st week of March

Flag Post

I’m really curious to see if jmtb02 comes out of nowhere and dominates the competition or just doesn’t show up again.

Flag Post

http://www.fastswf.com/urkRTdY (last minute edit, enabled the intro)

That’s what you get for a GiTD starting 5 days late. No music, no sound, not much testing other then the lotto. but hey, it mostly works. Thought time was up, manged to get NPC’s working in 2hours! That was more intense then any game I’ve played in months.

Sprites are ripped from the GBA game TheWorldEndsWithYou, CastleVania, and Google Images of Watches and Gears. Majority of the code (dialog, transtions, parallax scrolling) are from a current game in progress. All the dialog was written during the 5 days.

The math needs work, More scripted events and building interiors. The Bum in the evening will bug out because they are supposed to be in an interior where and event checks and updates variables. Any other bug’s reported are appreciated.

Flag Post

Entry version

It’s good enough I think I can publish it here, although there is no sound and not great art.

Everything was constructed for this game except for the font (obviously), and the UI widgets and some back end stuff which I reused from existing games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gengii:

http://www.fastswf.com/urkRTdY

Game got stuck on a few of the options, where it would not let me choose any of the options, thus got stuck on the conversation screen, with the shopkeeper girl in particular. I figure that issue is just one of the bugs you know that you have to work out anyways, looking like at it could be a fun adventure game. _

Flag Post

I managed to screw the unit’s pathdinding up at the last minute :/ So they look a bit more crazy and stupid than they should be.

Flag Post

I managed to screw the unit’s pathdinding up at the last minute :/ So they look a bit more crazy and stupid than they should be.

Haha, I was wondering about that. They traveled everywhere. :D