Flash 4k competition page 3

63 posts

Flag Post

Okay, so, for the rules, heres what i got for rules so far, if anyone has anythign else to contribute, speak now, cuz im oging to make a thread in the next 2 days.

- Must be under 6 kb (6144 bytes)
- Must be submitted, along with a description (optional) to a judge before the duedate
- Must start from scratch. re-using pieces of code is OK, but you can’t just strip a game youve already made down to 6kb, and you cant pick up a half-completed game and work on it
- Everything must come directly from the fla, that means no referencing things on tthe internet (like Music Catch 2 with importing MP3s)
- Giving the source is required (to make sure your not cheating, like the example above says), but the source will not be revealed to the public unless the creator specifies that it can. sources that we have permission to display will not be displayed till the contest is over.

Still need:

- Judges. Must be a dev. volunteer in theis thread. i guess the first 5 people to volunteer will get to be judges. Should judges beallowed to submit an entry? (im thinking not)

- Due date, how much time should they have?

If anyone sees anything I left out, or would like to add something, tell me.

Flag Post

Can a judge submit? that would be kind of weir if they could as anyone would be tempted to up-vote theirs and down-vote the ones they think might win.

Or perhaps we need some kind of Olympics style judging in that the highest and lowest scores are omitted?

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:

- Everything must come directly from the fla, that means no referencing things on tthe internet (like Music Catch 2 with importing MP3s)

does this mean no external files (.as)?

Flag Post

- Due date, how much time should they have?

at least after the holidays so ppl doing VCE (me) don’t sacrafice study time for programming/

NOTE: VCE is the last 2 years of highschool

Flag Post

Change title to Flash 6k competition!

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Change title to Flash 6k competition!

No. don’t hijack this thread -__- make your own thread after you smooth out the details.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slain4ever:

does this mean no external files (.as)?

no, .as are OK. when the file is published into a swf, the .as files are included, so the game still comes from that one file. I should have said everything comes directly from the swf, sorry.

Flag Post

so… someone start a thread…

Flag Post

Still need Judges. Must be a dev. volunteer in this thread. i guess the first 5 people to volunteer will get to be judges. judges can’t submit entries i guess.

Flag Post

id start a new thread thread, people aren’t going to look here

Flag Post

Done: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4/topics/38162 (this link doesnt work anymore, look 2 posts below.

Flag Post

link fail :(

Flag Post

Had to delete ther first thread cuz it was acting wierd. heres new link: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4/topics/38165