Forums The Arts

The ArtBox! (Undergoing restoration works) page 10

258 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Khnum666:
Originally posted by Laxaria:
Version 1.02 Added Creative Commons link, fixed some grammer and spelling issues (glare at Kryn)

Methinks Grammar. =P

Thanks for the Photoshop links.

Fix it. :P

Flag Post

i have a really annoying question lol, as you can see my avatar is getting messed up it shouldn’t be like that, i have tried SO MANY things already and still have not succeeded so please if you have any idea on how to help me please comment on my profile or here.

the problem is when i upload my avatar it becomes “glitchy” it attains that “glitchy effect” that shouldn’t be there at all, the frame i made becomes overlapped, and the frames are reduced greatly, the things i have done is reduced the colors, remove dithers, use web colors, resized the image to 100×100 so it would still turn out to 40×40 but still… it is not working so please help, i would like to make some free avatars (if i have time) for anyone if any of you could help me :)

this is a sample of how i wished it would look like when i upload it , since kong auto resizes it to 40×40, i still made it 100×100, tho same effect as 40×40(raw) that i upload same thing happens

Flag Post

Kong has a huge issue with .gifs, in the sense that they don’t normally work.

You really want to make sure you start from scratch at 40*40, because the more you rely on Kong to fix your avatars, the more it gets broken.

What people tried to do:

- 40*40
- less than 21 frames.

I suppose someone more well versed can help you, but that’s what you should try to do for now.

Unfortunately, I heavily suggest against having Kong resize your animated .gif avatar for you, because it is more than likely going to break it. Make sure you keep to the file size limit.

I will tell you straight on right now that if it does work, count yourself fortunate. Don’t get your hopes up, cause Kong is very very picky with animated avatars. Don’t really know why, but yea.

Flag Post

i suppose that i already tried making 40×40 at first and did a tons of troubleshoot but did not find out how to make it work, but thanks for the replies anyways

Flag Post

i was wondering how do i get someone’s avatar and post it cause people somehow get mine put it up.

Flag Post

imo i think Cozy’s avatar looks amazing, i dont see anything wrong with it

Flag Post

hello, i have a question which i have so far been unable to find an answer to.
i was wondering if kongregate allows artists to post original work based upon
(in my case parodying) copyrighted or trademarked works. (for example, godzilla
fanart or an original batman picture) thanks in advance!

Flag Post

Laxaria, at least 2 of the groups in your directory are dead: Bobuchan’s is officially dead and BlargElite’s is un-officially dead (i.e. BlargElite has stopped posting there).
Edit: Stupid Textile! It wouldn’t let me italicize the un in unofficially without a hyphen, otherwise it turned out like this: _un_officially. Arrrrggghhh!

Flag Post

I haven’t updated the groups though. I should just delete it for now.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I finally found the issue that caused all the weird glitching with animated gifs. The settings I use in Fireworks now are Exact Palette, 256 colors, and most importantly, under the animation tab in options in the save dialog, uncheck Crop Each State.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrDeth:

I finally found the issue that caused all the weird glitching with animated gifs. The settings I use in Fireworks now are Exact Palette, 256 colors, and most importantly, under the animation tab in options in the save dialog, uncheck Crop Each State.

Can anyone verify this? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:
Originally posted by DrDeth:

Can anyone verify this? :P

This actually does make some sense. I think this could be the answer that will get all avatars working.

Flag Post

It seems like the actual crucial element is to uncheck Crop Each State. I can consistently create animated gifs with no glitches (on kong) in fireworks now.

Flag Post

can i host manga coloring contest here?

Flag Post

I have a question regarding art, how do i see the rating from my pics in the art gallery from kong ?

Flag Post

Ramos, they currently do not have this feature in place, the only way of seeing the rating is if it makes it to the front page of the collabs.

I believe that they will be working on this in time but they have more important things right now that need fixing.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/5-art/topics/26702-the-artbox#posts-521003

Wonder if anyone noticed.

Anyway, I’m still looking for more resources and links, particularly for blender and inkscape (if possible).

Hoping to collate more things.

Would also like:

1. Summaries for the following Programs: GraphicsGale, PhotoShop CS5, Inkscape, Blender, Cinema 4D, GIMP, Paint.Net, Adobe Flash, MyPaint, as well as any other Arts Programs I may have missed. Apophysis would be a good lot of help too!
  2. Photography terms
  3. Feedback

Flag Post

GIMP Summary.

A semi-powerful photo editing program. GIMP has a wide variety of plug-ins and tools available, from custom brushes to effects, in short, it is basically Adobe Photoshop however it is free and the tools aren’t as finely tuned as Photoshop. For new users the interface can be rather confusing however the resource center for GIMP users has a wide variety of tutorials available for you to improve your skills and techniques (gimp.org)

That should be sufficient.

And photography terms

Depth
Flow
Focal
Leading Lines
Rule of thirds
Sharpen/Blurred
Lens
Zoom
Filter

That’s all I can think of for right now.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Smoothing: Smoothing is essentially the tidying up of lines and polygons in vector programs.
Gloss: An effect that can be used to make something look shiny, and often more professional and thus used in logo designs for companies. Gloss can be simply added with the uses of gradients, brightness, opacity and layers.
Calligraphy: An old type of visual art described as fancy lettering or handwriting that would be used by scribes in ancient times to record events. Often used in Asian countries, and in our modern age is a style that can also be done digitally.
Graffiti: Graffiti is often thought of as a crime and vandalism, but also as one of the biggest art forms of expressing yourself and your emotions in our modern times. It can also be done in digital art through various styles, one particularly popular of to do graffiti in seems to be high-quality vector rendering and 3D images.
Dimensions: The dimensions of an image file are two numbers that make up the image’s size.
Resizing: Resetting the dimensions of an image to make it smaller or bigger, which may result in a negative outcome such as being pixelated or blurred.
Skew: Changing the direction of a vector drawing to being sideways, and or slanted, within a certain angle.
Rotate: To turn something on its axis or centre. Source
Envelope: To envelope is to change the corners and points of a vector image.
Brightness: A variable that can change how dark or bright an image is.
Tweening: An animation process that is key to creating flash animations more simply and efficiently.
Lightbox: A lightbox is a tool that helps both hand-drawn sketching and organizing stock photography by giving off light.
Scanner: A device used to upload images of sketches and drawings done on paper.

Flag Post

Hey! I Just Wanted TO Ask How Do You Think I Can Get Better At My Art?

Flag Post

I wonder if all these can be collaborate into one piece? Can i print it out for references?

Flag Post

Our team is looking for artists, and we can pay a little. If our Kickstarter is successful, we can pay a lot more. The style of art is drawn icon and 3D, but the 3D is actually easier to make! We’re using Blender (free GPL), Daz3D (free limited but all you need version), Poser (paid, not as clean as Daz3D) and Bryce (free learner version) in order to render 3D art to 2D png which are included in our game. We need a few thousand pieces of art in the next few months, and we have a plan to get it. A typical model can be done in 15 min, but you shouldn’t spend more than 1 hour for a 3D piece of art if you’re following our directions. Some samples are posted in our thread

PM me if you’re interested in getting more details!

Flag Post

So I’ve been wanting to do some vectoring/line art/art in general. I have a drawing tablet, and I’d like to know if any program can do vectoring, as well as regular art. I’m willing to spend up to maybe $250 dollars.