Forums The Arts

[competition] SOTW#28 - Voting (locked)

17 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt.
Points will be added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Sesame

piratemonkey
Not Related to/Didn’t fit the theme.

Sasms

lightsun

ozzy123

yuyuter

dude33369

Calvo981

dasmitimsad

Big_Ole_Dog

UnitedRebellion

blardjosh

JediDude

Flag Post

Wow lots of people entered this one.

1. Big_Ole_Dog: I love the colors and the overall sig just blows my mind. The text also goes amazingly well with it.

2. Yuyuter: the lighting is crazy (that means really good =P)! the effect is great. I like the flow with it too. the text… could have been better.

3. Sesame: this just beat lightsuns because, it was alot more appealing to my eyes. the right side is a bit blank though,

Flag Post

1st Lightsun— Looks very proffesional to me for some reason… u’ve gotten great =D i’m not jealous at all [/sarasm]

2nd United Rebellion— I dunno, its just interesting to me… Theres alot to look at, yet at the same time it looks nice

3rd Yuyuter— I love that effect of urs… never gets old

Flag Post

Im not going to vote because obviously none of these were original art, I think signatures should be more than photoshops and renderin/brushes

Flag Post

That’s what 90% of all signatures are, even the really really good ones. If you’re looking for original art, don’t look at sigs.

Flag Post

I like Sesame’s one the most, it basically had a-lot of effort and a few details.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UploaderX:

I like Sesame’s one the most, it basically had a-lot of effort and a few details.

Erm-

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st – Reason 2nd – Reason 3rd – Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt.
Points will be added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ozzy123:

1st Lightsun— Looks very proffesional to me for some reason… u’ve gotten great =D i’m not jealous at all [/sarasm]

2nd United Rebellion— I dunno, its just interesting to me… Theres alot to look at, yet at the same time it looks nice

3rd Yuyuter— I love that effect of urs… never gets old

sniff Ozzy . . . voted 2nd . . . for . . . me?

B’awwwww. :’)

Thanks Ozz! I’ve never gotten a vote for a sig of mine (because I’ve never entered SOTW. xD)

1st – lightsun

The signature placement, effects, background, and awesome flare kind of trail going across the render completely makes the sig all the more awesome.

2nd – Sesame

The clear, yet somewhat blurry, [o.o] render, background, and lighting, and the awesome glow in his eyes is sure to get at least a 2nd in my point of view.

3rd – ozzy

The cool motion delay coming from the render is pretty awesome. Nice blurs, and kept nicely dark.

If there was a fourth, or a tied for third, it would go to yuyuter. The only thing that stopped me from putting it in the 1st – 3rd is the text, which kinda bugs me, because it seems to be placed a bit too close on the render. Other than that, awesome job too, yuyuter. :)

Flag Post

Ah, dont worry, i was gunna whisper u a bill for 5$ since i voted for u ny-way =P lol j/k

Flag Post

Oh darn no votes for me, but my votes are:

1st – lightsun

Just plain epicness I like the colorfulness and the text and everything.

2nd – ozzy123

I like the cool blur effects and how the background is kind of stretched.

3rd * Big_Ole_Dog

The red foreground effects are epic and I like the background. I don’t really like the text though seems like it should be different like the 2 in Guild War 2’s logo. A type of font that looked like that would suit better in my opinion.

Flag Post

1st – YUYU
- Tis a truly epic sig, i love the blurrying on it and everything.

2nd – Lightsun
- The placement and effects blew me away.

3rd – Ozzy
- The background effect is simple yet effective, good blurring although could be improved and nice placement.

Flag Post

1st – Lightsun – Great effects and colours. Strange flow and light source. Good text.
2nd – Sesame – Weird border and flow. Great effects and smudging.
3rd – Yuyuter – Nice smudging. Text is okay. Too simple. Needs more effects. Nice focal.

Flag Post

Aw man, no one is voting for me. Ah well, these are some amazing sigs

ozzy123 – Just wow.
Lightsun – The only thing bad is the text, and its hardly bad at all.
Blardjosh – Its purdy.

Flag Post

1st. Sesame. Great sig! Good smudging, glow, flow, bla bla bla. It has that thing that catches your eye.
2nd. lightsun. Good sig. I’m just thinking you’re overusing the noise tools now. And the “King” text looks a bit pixellated. Really close to first place.
3rd. Hmmm… ozzy. Almost chose United’s, but your colors are better fitting together. United, try to match the armor hue more with the splatter brushes. And antialias the brushes. And get some flow. And get the focals a little closer together.

Flag Post

Shweet. Advice! Shank youse, shank youse. But I lost my brush files, ‘cause my computer broke, and I can’t find the splatter brushes anymore. ><

Oh, and newb question, how do you anti-alias brushes? o.o

Flag Post

I take it anyone’s allowed to vote? I mean, I’m no artist, so I can’t give specific criticisms, but I’ll give it a go.

1. Sesame – Most importantly, I like that it takes up little space. I can’t stand large, obnoxious signatures. I think it fits with the medieval theme very well, and the graphics choice is great. I don’t understand what’s going on with the little black rectangles around the edges, though.

2. UnitedRebellion – I mostly liked that you tried to carry the medieval them over, past the central knight graphic, and into the overall ‘feel’ of the signature. I do think that the left- and right-hand sides could be better tied together, though.

It’s hard for me to choose a third. I’ll start from the top…

While I feel that Sasms’s graphic fits well with the theme, the “My Lord.” makes me think of two things — Evony, and the interjection “Oh, my Lord!” — neither of which I really think he was going for. The word choice here ruins it for me. =\

With Lightsun’s, I have only one major problem — the purple ‘aura’ looking stuff really takes away from the medieval theme, I feel. It takes the warrior in the picture and makes him seem like some kind of armoured mage from the future or something. Otherwise, I think it looks wonderful.

Ozzy123’s graphic makes me think more of an alien/monster than anything medieval.

Yuyuter’s is hands-down the best signature of the bunch, but I don’t feel that it fits the theme enough to really vote for it. I like how it’s compact and is kept simple, yet still complex… but I get more of a Zelda-nostalgia feeling than a real medieval feeling from it.

For dude33369… There’s a glaring hole in the middle of his signature. I feel like there should be something in the centre. Also, the background is very, very busy, and the dragons don’t really seem to blend into the scene — they look totally separate, like someone literally glued them to the picture.

If I were going by how well they fit the theme alone, I would vote for Calvo981’s. My problem with his is that it looks like it was literally taken directly from a scene from a video game. Other than the sunlight, there’s really nothing that looks like it took any effort.

I like that dasmitimsad tried to step away from the stereotypical “knights and dragons” idea, but I get more of a ‘fairytale’ feeling from his castle instead of medieval. The feathery blur effect causes that, I think.

BOD’s is aesthetically pleasing, but all of the red… stuff… really doesn’t say ‘medieval’ to me. And the warrior in the picture doesn’t either. He looks very futuristic. So again, a great signature; I just don’t feel like it fits the theme well enough to vote for it.

Blardjosh’s is another Zelda-nostalgic moment for me. Also, he doesn’t really look like he’s holding the shaft of the bow. I thought that was some kind of a tree or something until I took a closer look. Perhaps the colours/background are just too dark. And lastly, I didn’t notice the “Take Aim” text along the shaft of the arrow until I looked at it many times.

3. Since I have to pick a third for my votes to be official, I’d pick JediDude — It fits the theme very well, and there’s no overall complaints about the graphics. I would like to see it shorter, though, with the knight more focused on the left-hand side, since it looks like he’s looking toward the right. Perhaps with some kind of word or words in the blank area on the right.

I apologise for the massive post, but I don’t think it’s fair to say, “I like A, B, and C!” without offering reasons why you don’t like the others… >.>

[Also, you might put either a link to the original thread or at least put what the theme for this competition was supposed to be… I had to search for the original thread to figure it out.]

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

lightsun _ 20
Sesame _ 11
yuyuter _ 10
ozzy123 _ 9
Big_Ole_Dog _ 4
UnitedRebellion _ 4
blardjosh _ 1
JediDude _ 1
Sasms _ 0
dude33369 _ 0
Calvo981 _ 0
dasmitimsad _ 0

Congratulations, lightsun, For winning SOTW#28!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.