Forums The Arts

Kisame's Sig/banner/avatar thread (Take 2) page 4

231 posts

Flag Post

By the way, I think there should be SotW contests, again, or at least battles.

Flag Post

Yea, that’d be cool. Maybe we could start one ourselves, RoSi. :O

Flag Post

Dont invite me? Hehe great idea though ;)

-How about a artist challenge lobby where 2 or more artists challenge others to different types of art ect.
(e.g. Kisame vs me, sigs)
Im interested i think it should happen :D

Flag Post

Also, I have a request for you, Rosi, and Nordor. Use this render of Sasuke to create a 350×100 signature, with the text somewhere saying “Spirit of the Uchiha.”

Didn’t know very well what exactly to do with the render.

Originally posted by 09Kisame09:

Yea, that’d be cool. Maybe we could start one ourselves, RoSi. :O

A battle or a SotW contest?

Flag Post

Well, either idea could be feasible, RoSi. Thing is, I’m not as good as you and nordor, so I’m not really going to be good at any competitions per se, but I’d be happy to see what you guys could come up with. I might participate here and there, but I’m still trying to find ways to improve my signatures.

Flag Post

Here’s a request for anyone really, looking for a banner 900 pixels wide and less than 300 tall (not sure what the requirements are for this). The only thing that it has to say is “Home of the Badgehunter” anything else is free reign, I’ll design the look of my blog around this, thanks in advance!

Flag Post

a black ops based avatar with EOTS on it really rest is up to you, thx

Flag Post

I’ll have something for both of you hopefully by the end of tonight :)

Bleh, I got stuck doing programming homework, so I’ll see what I can have arranged by the end of this weekend unless either nordor or RoSi fill the requests to your liking.

Flag Post

It’s all good Kisame, we all know you guys have actual lives :P

Flag Post

Hi! I’d love to have a new avatar. Haven’t changed my current one for 2 years.

Anyway, I’d like my new avatar to have the letters RG in it. I’d prefer the G to be about half the size of the R. Also I’d like a blue color to it, similar to the blue of my current avatar. If I still left any room for ideas it’s up to you. Add anything!

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: I would appreciate it if you made the outline similar to a Kongregate badge (like my current one)

EDIT 2: No animation please. I want a still image. Thanks again!

Flag Post
Originally posted by braves055:

It’s all good Kisame, we all know you guys have actual lives :P

haha i dont ;)

Flag Post

Sure, I will help with the requests after I finished eating, taking a shower and earning the new badges.
Just came back from playing football (soccer) with friends.

Flag Post

Completed Braves’ request.

I can help out with the requests too Kisame! :D I’m okay at making banners, but I’m still pretty new on how to make signatures.

Flag Post

How’s this, braves?

Whoa, how’d you make that, Snipahar? :O

Flag Post

That is awsome snipahar, you are amazing!
Edit: Thats really cool too Kisame, I have quite a decision on my hands :P

Flag Post

Snip really outdid me on this one, I’d use his :D
Also, I added you to the artist list, snip.

Flag Post

You guys are great, really gave me a great start to my new blog. If you ever want to hang out on kong, just holler :P

Flag Post

Snip really outdid me on this one, I’d use his :D
Also, I added you to the artist list, snip.

Thanks Kis! :D

It was actually a pretty complicated process, but of course I didn’t think of the complexity of the entire banner until you asked that question. Basically, I compiled a bunch of badge images that covered the entire 900 X 250 canvas and then duplicated the layer, so that I had two images of the badge wall. The first one, I used as a background, was placed above another layer that will filled entire black and then the first badge wall’s occupancy was set at 59% to give it that dark, dimmed color as the black moved in with 41% of the original image. The other badge wall was place on top of a text layer and then made into a clipping mask – this badge wall had brighter color since it had not been dimmed. Then I converted the text layer’s setting from “Normal,” to “Overlay” to give it a glass effect. Layer styles, such as the bevel and the glow were then added to the text layer. The border was created with a stroke layer effect with the setting “inside” on.

You guys are great, really gave me a great start to my new blog.

Glad to hear that! :D Good luck with your site. I’ll keep an eye on it. I also write a bit about games too on my site Guidology.

Flag Post
Originally posted by braves055:

You guys are great, really gave me a great start to my new blog. If you ever want to hang out on kong, just holler :P

Sounds good :D

It was actually a pretty complicated process, but of course I didn’t think of the complexity of the entire banner until you asked that question. Basically, I compiled a bunch of badge images that covered the entire 900 X 250 canvas and then duplicated the layer, so that I had two images of the badge wall. The first one, I used as a background, was placed above another layer that will filled entire black and then the first badge wall’s occupancy was set at 59% to give it that dark, dimmed color as the black moved in with 41% of the original image. The other badge wall was place on top of a text layer and then made into a clipping mask – this badge wall had brighter color since it had not been dimmed. Then I converted the text layer’s setting from “Normal,” to “Overlay” to give it a glass effect. Layer styles, such as the bevel and the glow were then added to the text layer. The border was created with a stroke layer effect with the setting “inside” on.

Whoa, I don’t know if I could repeat that o.Oa

Flag Post

It’s actually much easier, and less complicated than it sounds. :D I made it about 10 or 15 minutes.

Flag Post

I’d try making it, but I don’t know if I could do it right, I tend to mess up unless I have a step-by-step guide XD

Made this a bit earlier, I wanted to make something that involved everyone’s favourite mushroom :D

Flag Post

I’d try making it, but I don’t know if I could do it right, I tend to mess up unless I have a step-by-step guide XD

Made this a bit earlier, I wanted to make something that involved everyone’s favourite mushroom :D

Favourite shroom you say?

Flag Post

I just remembered that it’s the green mushroom… not the red one XD

This is why you don’t make art at 3 AM

That wasn’t the 1-UP shroom, but I fixed my mistake XD

Flag Post

yucky Jpeg?

Flag Post

Unfortunately, it was the render this time around, but I didn’t want to mess with it too much for fear that I’d make it look worse. I always save in PNG files :P